Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
GibsonSD92
Look what my 5 y/o nephew brought home from school yesterday
February 8, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Does anyone else think this is beyond inappropriate!?! I can't believe his teacher didn't know better from the start. They were rinsed but idk if that changes my opinion on this situation at all. My brother will be up there speaking with administration as soon as he leaves work today.. But I'm just baffled. WHO could possibly think that was a good idea!?

Smh.

ETA: it's just a little art project. But the class was using an assortment of alcohol bottles. Obviously nothing to SPAZ about. But I DO think it should be addressed. To me it's just not appropriate in a kindergarten classroom.

ETA2: I just thought the labels should have been removed as well. I have no other issues with them using the bottles. They were rinsed but a lot of kids know what the label is and a lot of kids don't because they have alcohol free homes. I think it's up to the parents judgment to decide when they want alcohol bottles around their children.

ETA3: the project had something to do with the book "whistling Dixie". I've never read it so I don't really know what the plot entails. I didn't really get an answer as to what the project is either since essentially they just put paper around bottles and colored them a little..

Also, the bottles were plastic. I didn't even think to ask him until someone else noticed it in the picture. Again, let me reiterate my stance on this.. I do not agree with the alcohol bottles being used WITH the labels still on them. I'm all for cheap art supplies for teachers and using recycleables, I just feel a little more preparation could have been done before they did the project. To each their own though and thankfully this one wasn't mine to handle. :) thanks for all the opinions ladies. Even those of you who contributed nothing but snarky comments, really thanks for the entertainment. Lmfao.

Oh & I am deffff not a crunchy mom but it's crazy how quickly some of you would assume that from one post!

Replies

• kiddycat73
    February 8, 2013 at 2:39 PM
    What is it for?
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 8, 2013 at 2:40 PM
    What was it for?
  • lovemyhoney19
    What was it for?
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    It's a bottle with a label I'm sure it was rinsed out its not the best choice but nothing to spaz about.
  • tossed
    by tossed

What was the point?

• LucyHarper
    February 8, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Depends on what its for and why it was given to him.

If it was just for an art project, I wouldn't care. Its not like it had alcohol in it or they drank it around the kids. I'm sure all five year olds have seen an alcohol bottle at some points in their lives before, its not going to encourage them to drink, I don't think its a big deal.

• purplerobot88

Why did the teacher give it to him?

• momof2891
    What is it for? A project? It still isn't appropriate no matter what the use.
  • anyotherday
    O.o
  • GibsonSD92
    Just a little art project. I don't oppose arts and crafts but I don't think alcohol bottles should be floating around a kindergarten classroom. Empty or not.

Quoting kiddycat73:

What is it for?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts