Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
bxmom2580
my two cents on autism...
February 7, 2013 at 10:09 AM
I dont post in here, but i will about this. First, for a child to be dx with autism, the child goes through extensive, lengthy evaluations by several doctors,psychiatrists,psychologists,neurologists,ect. These dx are not given over night. Testing can take months, sometimes years to come to an autism dx. Also, parents do not make their children autistic by bad parenting.

With that said, parents of not only autistic, but developmentally disabled children have it hard enough without society shitting on them. It is highly offensive and disgusting that grown adults would say negative and downright offensive things to/about autistic children and their parents. I know everyone has a right to their own opinion, but at least if its not something nice, have some class, and keep it to yourself. I know i will probably get bashed, i dont care. I highly recommend people get informed. Google is your friend. I myself offer anyone who lives in nyc, who wants to know what its like to walk in my shoes, come spend the day with me and asd kids.

Replies

There aren't any replies to this post. Be the first to reply!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN