Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Do you take your kid to the dr at the first sign of a fever?
by Anonymous
February 7, 2013 at 9:20 AM
I'm not talking about infants but toddlers and older. If their only symptom was a fever (101-102.5) would you take them in or wait it out and treat them with motrin and tylenol? If you did wait it out, how many days would you wait before taking them in?

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 7, 2013 at 9:23 AM
    Bump
  • anitarichman
    February 7, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Wait it out with Advil or Tylenol. If the medicine didn't break the fever after 12 hours, then I called to bring her in. 

• luvmymonkeys27
    February 7, 2013 at 9:25 AM

A fever that low (and that being the only symptom), I don't take them in. My son had a 105.8F fever a few weeks ago, and then I called our out of hours emergency number and asked them if I should take him in. But generally speaking, I wait it out. 

• Stephd710
    February 7, 2013 at 9:26 AM

I treat with ibuprofen.  I will wait up to a week.  Usually all they say is "Its a virus and has to run its course" anyway so there is no use in going if I can control the fever myself. 

• AleaKat
    by AleaKat
    February 7, 2013 at 9:26 AM
    No!
    And even if it gets high ill call and talk to a nurse about it before I go in.
  • auntietotty
    February 7, 2013 at 9:27 AM

No. My kids are 25 and 27 and have never went to the doc for a fever.  Guess they've never had a high enough one to warrant a trip. To me, 101-102 isnt high enough that I can't  treat it myself.  The doc would just do what I'd do myself, anyway.

Any fever they've had has went down on it's own or by using OTC meds.

• T-HoneyLuv
    I do but my son has major health problems.
  • KrissyKC

no... not even my infant unless a newborn.

if that's all the higher and there's no other symptoms and the baby is drinking and wetting fine....

Not for several days at least...  I know viruses can take up to 14 days to get out of your system.

• LntLckrsCmQut
    February 7, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Nope. I let the fever do it's job, unless it's going for 3 days and my child shows other symptoms.

• KG34
    by KG34
    February 7, 2013 at 9:28 AM

My son rarely gets sick, and when he does it doesn't usually last more than a day or two, so no I don't take him.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts