Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
How do I convince my DH to ttc?
by Anonymous
February 7, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Dh and I have one child. Ever since we got together we talked about having multiple children but now DH isn't so sure. Our LO will be 2 soon and I am having baby fever. I'm trying to convince DH that we should start ttc but he keeps saying no because of what I went through when I had our DD. That is his only reason. 

I had a very horrific labor and while I understand that he doesn't want that to happen again, we now know what to look out for and every pregnancy is different. How can I convince him that pregnancy #2 won't be bad just because pregnancy #1 was?

I should also add that I am very healthy now and I would consult with my OBGYN before ttc just to be sure that I'm physically ready. 

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 7, 2013 at 1:15 AM

BUMP

• Anonymous 1
    February 7, 2013 at 1:18 AM
    BUMP
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    February 7, 2013 at 1:19 AM
    How do you know it won't be as bad as #1?
  • Anonymous 1
    February 7, 2013 at 1:22 AM

I don't. But I also don't want to let the fear of what happened keep me from having more kids. 

Quoting Anonymous:

How do you know it won't be as bad as #1?

• bustybee
    February 7, 2013 at 1:23 AM

well what made it horrific? I'm all curious

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    February 7, 2013 at 1:24 AM
    I'm the one that doesn't want anymore kids. No one would be able to convince me no matter what....

No advice here.
  • eykelley
    February 7, 2013 at 1:25 AM
    My first pregnancy resulted in a loss of dh's and my dd. it was horrid. My 2nd pregnancy wasn't planned but my labor was horrid as well. I went into ptl at 32 weeks, and had to have an emergency Csec. It took 4 1/2 yeas for dh to consent to another baby. I found a great on who cared for my special high risk needs and had my beautiful dd 5 months ago.

Give him time. His fears are real and u both should see an OB and talk about them before even attempting to convince him to TTC. :)
  • Anonymous 1
    February 7, 2013 at 1:27 AM

I went into labor a month early. I ended up having a seizure due to high blood pressure and I needed a c section and two surgeries after for internal bleeding. I had a difficult time waking up from the third surgery and woke up in ICU a few days later. It was a mess but I now know that I need to monitor my blood pressure a little more and that I need to go into the hospital when I start swelling too much. I never realized that my swelling was way past being normal. 

Quoting bustybee:

well what made it horrific? I'm all curious

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    February 7, 2013 at 1:27 AM

I would just give him some more time

• Anonymous 1
    February 7, 2013 at 1:31 AM

I am so sorry. I couldn't imagine going through that. I realize that he just needs time but my fear is that he'll keep reliving that day instead of moving on. Dd was perfectly healthy the entire time. 

I will definitely have him go to the OB with me just to help ease his mind a little. 

Quoting eykelley:

My first pregnancy resulted in a loss of dh's and my dd. it was horrid. My 2nd pregnancy wasn't planned but my labor was horrid as well. I went into ptl at 32 weeks, and had to have an emergency Csec. It took 4 1/2 yeas for dh to consent to another baby. I found a great on who cared for my special high risk needs and had my beautiful dd 5 months ago.

Give him time. His fears are real and u both should see an OB and talk about them before even attempting to convince him to TTC. :)

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN