Mom Confessions

Anonymous
How do I convince my DH to ttc?
by Anonymous
February 7, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Dh and I have one child. Ever since we got together we talked about having multiple children but now DH isn't so sure. Our LO will be 2 soon and I am having baby fever. I'm trying to convince DH that we should start ttc but he keeps saying no because of what I went through when I had our DD. That is his only reason. 

I had a very horrific labor and while I understand that he doesn't want that to happen again, we now know what to look out for and every pregnancy is different. How can I convince him that pregnancy #2 won't be bad just because pregnancy #1 was?

I should also add that I am very healthy now and I would consult with my OBGYN before ttc just to be sure that I'm physically ready. 

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    February 7, 2013 at 1:15 AM

BUMP

• Anonymous
    February 7, 2013 at 1:18 AM
    BUMP
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 7, 2013 at 1:19 AM
    How do you know it won't be as bad as #1?
  • Anonymous
    February 7, 2013 at 1:22 AM

I don't. But I also don't want to let the fear of what happened keep me from having more kids. 

Quoting Anonymous:

How do you know it won't be as bad as #1?

• bustybee
    February 7, 2013 at 1:23 AM

well what made it horrific? I'm all curious

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 7, 2013 at 1:24 AM
    I'm the one that doesn't want anymore kids. No one would be able to convince me no matter what....

No advice here.
  • eykelley
    February 7, 2013 at 1:25 AM
    My first pregnancy resulted in a loss of dh's and my dd. it was horrid. My 2nd pregnancy wasn't planned but my labor was horrid as well. I went into ptl at 32 weeks, and had to have an emergency Csec. It took 4 1/2 yeas for dh to consent to another baby. I found a great on who cared for my special high risk needs and had my beautiful dd 5 months ago.

Give him time. His fears are real and u both should see an OB and talk about them before even attempting to convince him to TTC. :)
  • Anonymous
    February 7, 2013 at 1:27 AM

I went into labor a month early. I ended up having a seizure due to high blood pressure and I needed a c section and two surgeries after for internal bleeding. I had a difficult time waking up from the third surgery and woke up in ICU a few days later. It was a mess but I now know that I need to monitor my blood pressure a little more and that I need to go into the hospital when I start swelling too much. I never realized that my swelling was way past being normal. 

Quoting bustybee:

well what made it horrific? I'm all curious

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 7, 2013 at 1:27 AM

I would just give him some more time

• Anonymous
    February 7, 2013 at 1:31 AM

I am so sorry. I couldn't imagine going through that. I realize that he just needs time but my fear is that he'll keep reliving that day instead of moving on. Dd was perfectly healthy the entire time. 

I will definitely have him go to the OB with me just to help ease his mind a little. 

Quoting eykelley:

My first pregnancy resulted in a loss of dh's and my dd. it was horrid. My 2nd pregnancy wasn't planned but my labor was horrid as well. I went into ptl at 32 weeks, and had to have an emergency Csec. It took 4 1/2 yeas for dh to consent to another baby. I found a great on who cared for my special high risk needs and had my beautiful dd 5 months ago.

Give him time. His fears are real and u both should see an OB and talk about them before even attempting to convince him to TTC. :)

Mom Confessions