Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
ArisMom208
Doctor wants to switch DD's formula 4 times within a month...? *Added question
February 6, 2013 at 11:20 PM

DD will be 11 months tomarrow. She has been on similac advance since she was born, when she was a few months old, for the past month and a half she will puke after every bottle. I started letting her have a few drinks but then taking it away for a while, or supplementing with juice (dr highly against this tho) and it doesnt matter. If she gets a drink of formula, she will puke. and not just spit up. It was full force puking down my face, chest and into my pretty new bra (not the point lol)

At her 10 month checkup i told the doctor and he said to change her to half formula, half milk fora week and then whole milk. We did that, and it still happened. Called him up and he said keep her on whole milk. So we did, and it never got better. I called him back and he said to buy Similac Go and Grow (for ages 9-24 months)

Its supposily the closest thing between formula and whole milk. But within a month period shes been on similac advance, half and half, whole milk and now back on formula, and then in a month he wants her back on whole milk. That just seems like alot considering its had the same results so far. 

I feel like all im going to end up doing is fucking her up stomach and thats not what i'm trying to do. I just want to find something to help her with the puking. She'll puke and then scream for 10+ minutes after she pukes and you can just feel her stomach turning before she pukes.

I've even went back to burping her after a bottle and a few times thats just caused her to puke anyways.

Please don't bash, just give me some advice (besides switching doctors, i'm strongly considering that even tho i <3 this doctor) 

Anybody?

A few people mentioned allergies or lactose intolerant...would she still be gaining weight like she is? Shes over the 95th% for height and weight and has been big for her age since she was just little.

She can handle yogurt, cheese, and milk products just not the milk itself.

So far we tried the go and grow yesterday afternoon and this morning with no puke. Hope this works.

Replies

• macilah
    by macilah
    February 7, 2013 at 1:58 AM
    Listen to your dr. They dont always know the cause but crossing certian things out helps them figure out different routes to take ..dont switch dr..unless you really feel another dr will give you a different response...and dont worry the milk switching will not mess up her tummy it will actual help figure out what she should be drinkng
  • Sassy762
    February 7, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Have you tried Soy Formula???

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 7, 2013 at 2:48 AM
    Allergy and intolerance are likely. People are quick to cite lactose, but formula is 55% sugar- main ingredient being corn syrup. Consider corn. Incidence is higher in mixed race babies. Do some googling.
  • ArisMom208
    February 7, 2013 at 9:28 AM

BUMP!

• ShanMarie85
    February 7, 2013 at 9:37 AM
    My oldest had a milk issue starting around 10 months also except he would have horrible horrible HORRIBLE diarreah all day long. It was only with milk. He tolerated other dairy just fine. We tried everything also. The Dr. Told me that he might have an protein allergy and to boil his milk before giving it to him. Suprisingly, it worked like a charm! So my suggestion is to try that :-)

Edit: my son never had a weight issue either. In fact he was a giant baby

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts