Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
agrument with dh (tax related)
by Anonymous
February 6, 2013 at 10:49 PM

in the year 2012

our bills doubled

debt grew (long stroy but we had to buy a car)

kids doubled (has a baby boy)

apparently our income doubled too but it didnt change anything because everything else went up.

Problem

we did our taxes and got back a small amount from the irs and owed the state. Now dh is saying he dosent trust the account and he as doubts, since he keeps complaining about it and comparing how much we got back to how much other people got back.

i told him since i still have all the tax documents (i scanned everything and sent it to our account) if he can find some one to do it over (not submit it) and compare the two. he said no

he said we can have someone else do our taxes next year. i trust my accountant he has been doing my taxes for years (before we got married he redid dh taxes and he got back more money) so i dont know why he has doubts now.

what screwed us with our taxes as told by the accountant

they didnt take enough taxes out of my money they took 6% whe the should have taken 15%

dh did a side job cash based

and both dh and i had both kids on our w4 (reason why they didnt take enough taxes from my pay check) the accountant told me to take them off mine since dh made more money.

I dont know what else to say to dh everything i say get turned into something negative.

help me resolve this with dh

Replies

• MissMia22
    February 6, 2013 at 10:51 PM
    Go to hrblock.com it will walk you through it yourself so you input the info and it will calculate it for you. Double check it yourself?
  • TAG_ur_it
    February 6, 2013 at 10:53 PM

oh lord.  i'm not sure what to tell you. it's really hard to talk about money to a man who is pissed off about money.  he has to remember, everyone's tax situation is different. other people may be getting more back, but they may have fewer deducitions through out  the year.  or they make a few dollars less and fall into a different tax bracket and have different credits.  

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 6, 2013 at 10:55 PM

he dosent want to do that

since i still have all the documents i told him lets do that

Quoting MissMia22:

Go to hrblock.com it will walk you through it yourself so you input the info and it will calculate it for you. Double check it yourself?

• louiegirl62
    February 6, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Get all your info together and check it on hrblock.com like MissMia22 says. I just did the same for a friend and found out she should get back $1248 more than her accountant said. I also have another friend going through hell because of what her accountant screwed up over the last 5 years.

Quoting MissMia22:

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 6, 2013 at 11:01 PM

i will try to talk to dh again about going there

Quoting louiegirl62:

Get all your info together and check it on hrblock.com like MissMia22 says. I just did the same for a friend and found out she should get back $1248 more than her accountant said. I also have another friend going through hell because of what her accountant screwed up over the last 5 years.

Quoting MissMia22:

• momof3grls4517
    February 6, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Even though he doesn't want to do it doesn't mean you cannt do it then show him the end result. good luck

• countrygirlkat
    February 6, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Sounds like your accountant probably had it right but if your DH would rather use somebody else next year why not go for it?  It isn't like it will make a huge deal if somebody else does it and if it makes him feel better then why not give in and do it that way.  The way I see it is only have big arguements and stand your ground when it is something you seriously can't give in on. 

• morrigan914
    February 7, 2013 at 12:00 AM
    Do you need his permission to go on a computer? Go on hrblock.com, it'll take 20 minutes.
  • Jamie1972
    February 7, 2013 at 12:05 AM

just do the h&r block.com yourself with out asking or telling him. and when you see for yoursel what you could have gotten whether its more or not, then show him. And if he still doesnt belive tell him to do his own taxes

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts