Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
mrsjackson0329
An Honest Tidbit
February 6, 2013 at 9:59 PM

As a mother I have done many things that have been considered 'against recommended practices.' Well I'm just going to explain myself. First of all I put my son on his stomach to sleep when he was about 3 weeks old it helped him to sleep and he is still just fine. I let him cry himself to sleep because he needs to develop a sense of independence. Lastly I recently started feeding him at 7 weeks old rice cereal due to the fact that formula alone is not cutting it for him as he seems to have a fast metabolism and he is ready for it. Go ahead criticize my practices I don't care. Just because run of the mill practices work for your child does not mean they will work for mine. Like every Dr. says all babies are different.

Replies

• haydsmom2007
    February 6, 2013 at 10:00 PM

cool story

• rockgal81
    February 6, 2013 at 10:01 PM
    My dd slept on her stomach and I started feeding her rice cereal at around 5 months. She's 9 1/2 now, so it didn't kill her! Lol
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 6, 2013 at 10:04 PM
    Every baby is different. This all seems ok to me, except for him crying it out. Infants don't understand and feel neglected. Cry it out is usually done when the baby is a bit older. Like at a year old.
  • Moe1521
    by Moe1521
    February 6, 2013 at 10:16 PM
    I did those things except for feeding my daughter food. I didn't feed her cereal until the "normal" time. It's your child, you have to do for him what you feel is best! Don't worry about what others think. When I brought my daughter home, she was sleeping on her tummy. She could lift and move her head independently. She is now 9 months old and I've had to let her cry it out several times. Sometimes there really is nothing left you can do to try and comfort your child. Each baby is different.
  • boys2men2soon
    February 6, 2013 at 10:27 PM

The recommendations of how to care for babies changes every few years.       I mixed cereal in my baby's bottle at 6 mos old.    I let my son have a bottle long after the recommended cut off age,  I let them sleep on their tummy's, they were eating baby food before their first birthdays..... I'm sure I did lots of things 'wrong'.     They turned out just fine.   In fact, I am pretty damn proud of them!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 6, 2013 at 10:32 PM

It has nothing to do with babies being different but their ittle bodies are not made to process anything but breast milk at that point, or formula.  And we do CIO but certainly not that early.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts