Mom Confessions

mary841108
would you be offended or am i over reacting? *edit*
February 6, 2013 at 9:56 PM

just got off the phone with dh's cousin. apparently they dont like coming over here in the winter (or rainy weather) because we do not allow smoking in the house. I do not want my house to smell like an ashtray but it sucks that family wont come over for a better chunk of the year because of it. I have been tempted to say f--k it, let them smoke in here but then i remember what my mothers house always looked and smelled like from smokers. and i am actually upset that that is the reason why they dont come over here. would you be offended too or am i getting upset for no reason?

you all are replying faster than i can read LOL ok to answer a few questions:

1. we  do go over there and deal with the smoke smell and the wall of smoke that you literally walk into, i can tolerate it for a few hours before i get sick

2. would you want your kids around that much smoke (for those who are saying so go over there)

3. i am offended and upset that they cant be bothered to visit, yes they are respecting boundries but i think they are going about it in the wrong way.

Replies

• mary841108

BUMP!

• mary841108

BUMP!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 6, 2013 at 9:57 PM
    Not offended but I am a smoker. Could they smoke in the garage?
  • ElitestJen

You're getting upset over nothing.  You don't want smoke.  They don't want to come. What is there to be offended about?

What is with everyone getting butthurt over boundaries? 

• Jensep
    by Jensep

Don't let them smoke in your house!!! I could see why you would be offended...but come on now...they're the ones over reacting, they can't spend a few hours with out smoking, it's their loss...

• mary841108
    February 6, 2013 at 9:58 PM

we dont have a garage here

Quoting Anonymous:

Not offended but I am a smoker. Could they smoke in the garage?

• beachbabies6

Your house , your rules , I am a smoker , I wouldn't even think of smoking in a house of non smokers 

• mary841108

because my kids really want to see them

Quoting ElitestJen:

You're getting upset over nothing.  You don't want smoke.  They don't want to come. What is there to be offended about?

What is with everyone getting butthurt over boundaries? 

• momtolittleg
    February 6, 2013 at 9:59 PM
    Don't let them smoke in your house! Screw them if smoke is more important than your family.
  • gblossom
    February 6, 2013 at 9:59 PM

wordddd<3

Quoting Jensep:

Don't let them smoke in your house!!! I could see why you would be offended...but come on now...they're the ones over reacting, they can't spend a few hours with out smoking, it's their loss...

Mom Confessions