Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Valentine's Day is not a real holiday!
by Anonymous
February 6, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Stop asking me what Im buying for my kids, isn't Valentine's day for couples? When in sam hell did we start making this Christmas #2 and buying stuff for kids. You're not a in romantic way with kids (ew and ew) so stop asking me that. BTW, everyone doesn't celebrate this stupid ass, dumb Hallmark, fake ass holiday. No im not single either. Stop it already!

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    February 6, 2013 at 4:30 PM
    Lol I do agree with you, but it's my moms
    Favorite holiday apparently so we always woke up to something. Nothing out of control like Christmas though.
  • atyou
    by atyou
    February 6, 2013 at 4:31 PM
    I love love.

My kids will get tons of valentine-y stuff from us.

• SuperPickle
    February 6, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Nah....EASTER is Christmas #2....Vday is Heart Shaped Halloween LOL

• jessi19
    by jessi19
    February 6, 2013 at 4:32 PM

im getting my dd a little teddy bear with some chocolates, and we'll probably do a valentines day craft and maybe bake a heart shaped cake. shes 4 and its fun! but i will be getting my so a pocket watch he wants and were cooking steak and lobster together. im really excited :)

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster

it's not a real holiday!

Quoting jessi19:

im getting my dd a little teddy bear with some chocolates, and we'll probably do a valentines day craft and maybe bake a heart shaped cake. shes 4 and its fun! but i will be getting my so a pocket watch he wants and were cooking steak and lobster together. im really excited :)

• happy41ce
    I want my kids to have a childhood thy will remember... Candy and a stuffed animal is fine. After all, they will see mommy get something and I think it's only right to have that tradition with them. Shrugs. What you do with your kids is what you do...
  • iwilliams76
    February 6, 2013 at 4:33 PM

I always buy my daughter a small box of chocolates or other Valentine's candy. Why does it have to be just for couples? KIds give each other Valentines in school. What's the big deal? I wouldn't go overboard with gifts for anyone on Valentine's day.

• MumsTheWord571
    Alrighty then.
  • Anonymous 1

because cupid didnt' go around shooting kids in the ass and having unnatural way towards kids. This isn't about them. 

Quoting iwilliams76:

I always buy my daughter a small box of chocolates or other Valentine's candy. Why does it have to be just for couples? KIds give each other Valentines in school. What's the big deal? I wouldn't go overboard with gifts for anyone on Valentine's day.

• Anonymous 1

I had plenty of childhood without celebrating fake holidays.

Quoting happy41ce:

I want my kids to have a childhood thy will remember... Candy and a stuffed animal is fine. After all, they will see mommy get something and I think it's only right to have that tradition with them. Shrugs. What you do with your kids is what you do...

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts