Mom Confessions

anikahaynes1
What have you done to...
February 6, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Beat a cold?? And did it work?

I woke up yesterday with a sore throat and now I'm sneezy and my throat is bothering me a little still.

I have to stay healthy through Saturday. Eek as I'm flying over night Friday with my 2 kids and our cat.

Replies

• muzzyh
    by muzzyh
    February 6, 2013 at 12:56 AM
    Zicam the shit out of it! And Emergen-C.

Quoting anikahaynes1:

I woke up yesterday with a sore throat and now I'm sneezy and my throat is bothering me a little still.

I have to stay healthy through Saturday. Eek as I'm flying over night Friday with my 2 kids and our cat.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 6, 2013 at 12:58 AM
    Yep.
    & drink a TON of water and orange juice.

Quoting muzzyh:

Quoting anikahaynes1:

• Not_A_Native
    February 6, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Advil, hot tea (decaf at night) with lots of honey and lemon, and rest.

• anikahaynes1
    February 6, 2013 at 1:02 AM
    So zincam actually works?!

Quoting muzzyh:

Quoting anikahaynes1:

• muzzyh
    by muzzyh
    February 6, 2013 at 1:03 AM
    Yes. I used the melt in your mouth kind today, actually, when I felt that first nasty inkling of a head cold. I've felt fine all night. I've been using it for years, it works like a charm.

Quoting anikahaynes1:

Quoting muzzyh:

Quoting anikahaynes1:

• anikahaynes1
    February 6, 2013 at 1:03 AM
    Ok sweet I have some white tea which according to the Internet is antiviral proprieties in it? Ill add honey and lemon next cup.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Advil, hot tea (decaf at night) with lots of honey and lemon, and rest.

• anikahaynes1
    February 6, 2013 at 1:04 AM
    Sweet!! Ill have to look into it tomorrow

Quoting muzzyh:

Yes. I used the melt in your mouth kind today, actually, when I felt that first nasty inkling of a head cold. I've felt fine all night.

Quoting anikahaynes1:

Quoting muzzyh:

Quoting anikahaynes1:

• whoopsie16
    February 6, 2013 at 1:05 AM

parsley tea. Its gross but knocks it out the same day

• tiffanydearing
    February 6, 2013 at 1:06 AM

I always take zinc supplements, they seem to at least shorten the length of the cold.

• horseap
    by horseap
    February 6, 2013 at 1:06 AM

I tried cough drops, tea, popsicles, sore throat tea, honey and I finally gave in and went to the DRs cause it turned into bronchitis...

Mom Confessions