Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
What the hell is wrong with me?
by Anonymous
February 6, 2013 at 12:30 AM

I've noticed lately that when I write or type that words I didn't mean to write come out. I will think a sentence out in my head but when I reread what I wrote there are words that don't belong or in place of words I meant to type. I've also been misspelling a lot of words. I'm not an English major but I know how to spell and write for the most part. I've found it happens often when I talk too. I mix up words or have issue pronouncing words I've never had issues with before. I don't know maybe I'm sleep deprived but it's very frustrating! I feel like a big ole dummy.

Please excuse any typos.

Replies

• Sassy762
    February 6, 2013 at 12:31 AM

YOU are typing too damn fast.......I do it all the time, lol

• southernjess3
    February 6, 2013 at 12:32 AM
    On any meds?
  • 1lv2stks3nlz4ev
    February 6, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Sleep deprived is defiantely part of it. I am so exhausted with helping my DF (he has a gout attack in his knee and its extremely painful), my son was sick for almost 2 weeks straight then had his older cousin fall on him this weekend when they were rough housing and I am in the middle of a fibro flare trying to do everything for everyone. I start to type something and sometimes I don't know what the heck I am trying to type with what comes out. Worse is speaking... my mind just goes blank.... words are missing and I can't complete a thought. I need a nap.

• xtwistedxlovex
    February 6, 2013 at 12:39 AM
    I've had pretty similar issues for quite some time now. I tend to switch sounds and syllables rather than words (accidentally ordered a "penis butter parfait" at DQ rather than peanUT bUSter, very embarrassing) both in writing and speech, as well as adding e's where they don't beong (usually at the end of a word) and crossing the stem of my h's. Bleh. For me it's a combination of sleep deprivation, stress, chronic pain, and ADD. Any of those can be a constant distraction that causes minor slip-ups.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 6, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Nope.

Quoting southernjess3:

On any meds?

• Anonymous 1
    February 6, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Maybe but I've always been a fast typer. Maybe my hands are just too fast for my brain lately. :/

Quoting Sassy762:

YOU are typing too damn fast.......I do it all the time, lol

• Anonymous 1
    February 6, 2013 at 12:48 AM

There have been a few times when I read what I wrote and it doesn't make an ounce of sense! Yeah probably sleep deprivation. *sigh*

Quoting 1lv2stks3nlz4ev:

Sleep deprived is defiantely part of it. I am so exhausted with helping my DF (he has a gout attack in his knee and its extremely painful), my son was sick for almost 2 weeks straight then had his older cousin fall on him this weekend when they were rough housing and I am in the middle of a fibro flare trying to do everything for everyone. I start to type something and sometimes I don't know what the heck I am trying to type with what comes out. Worse is speaking... my mind just goes blank.... words are missing and I can't complete a thought. I need a nap.

• mrssummerlin
    February 6, 2013 at 12:50 AM
    I started having issues like this after my car accident last Aug.

Its gotten a little better, but not much.
  • SillySally83
    February 6, 2013 at 12:56 AM

That started happening to me after a mini-stroke. When I wrote by hand or typed, when I spoke or sang... it was super frustrating. It went away as I got better.

I am in no way saying this has happened to you, your post just reminded me of it. lol.

• Anonymous 1
    February 6, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Yeah I highly doubt it's anything like that but it sucks. I often get confused and can't think clearly. I generally have a great memory and now one brain fart after another. lol Maybe I'm just getting old.

Quoting SillySally83:

That started happening to me after a mini-stroke. When I wrote by hand or typed, when I spoke or sang... it was super frustrating. It went away as I got better.

I am in no way saying this has happened to you, your post just reminded me of it. lol.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts