Mom Confessions

HerLadyGrey
Plus side to home school
February 6, 2013 at 12:12 AM

My boy and I are having midnight tacos and cartoons.

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 6, 2013 at 12:13 AM

yeah definite plus

My daughter and I are having 9:00 cartoons but it's because she's sick and I'm too parinoid to go to bed :(

• HerLadyGrey
    February 6, 2013 at 12:14 AM

We don't do this all the time but they were particularly good today and earned a treat.

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah definite plus

My daughter and I are having 9:00 cartoons but it's because she's sick and I'm too parinoid to go to bed :(

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 6, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Well good for you :)  We've done stuff like that for our kids before too.  I love homeschooling.

Quoting HerLadyGrey:

We don't do this all the time but they were particularly good today and earned a treat.

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah definite plus

• Homeschoolmom99
    February 6, 2013 at 12:21 AM

For us it is being able to go to a movie on a  weekday no one in there! Great! And that I can 50/50 custody so my son gets to know his dad. We skype his lessons its cool!

• HerLadyGrey
    February 6, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Aside from midnight tacos... This was the best choice I ever made. The kids are 10X more relaxed and just all around happier since leaving school.

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

For us it is being able to go to a movie on a  weekday no one in there! Great! And that I can 50/50 custody so my son gets to know his dad. We skype his lessons its cool!

• Homeschoolmom99
    February 6, 2013 at 12:25 AM

My son lives in  PJS unless we leave the house

Quoting HerLadyGrey:

Aside from midnight tacos... This was the best choice I ever made. The kids are 10X more relaxed and just all around happier since leaving school.

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

• HerLadyGrey
    February 6, 2013 at 12:26 AM

I let that happen for awhile but sometimes my sons sleep in their underwear. My foot was put down at teaching fraction while they were in their tighty whiteys.

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

Quoting HerLadyGrey:

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

• Homeschoolmom99
    February 6, 2013 at 12:29 AM

If he showers everyday I am happy he has autism so I try to just let it go unless we are leaving the house then I put my foot down!

Quoting HerLadyGrey:

I let that happen for awhile but sometimes my sons sleep in their underwear. My foot was put down at teaching fraction while they were in their tighty whiteys.

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

Quoting HerLadyGrey:

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

• EveyTri
    by EveyTri
    February 6, 2013 at 12:31 AM

I love those nights!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 6, 2013 at 12:34 AM
    I like the fact that while I am organizing our move out of state, they have all summer to make up their work and won't truly fall behind. They are still required to read while I am gone and write about what they've read, but math and history and science and spelling and vocabulary and English will wait until I have them home with me.

Mom Confessions