Mom Confessions

mrscass0416
turbo tax... h&r block at home, taxslayer ALL BULLCRAP!!
February 5, 2013 at 1:24 PM
No, I love them but you are here so quick question. I always do our taxes, at least for the past 4/5 years I have. We have since the last time we filed,bought a home, payed back student loans, I also had a work from home job and I know you can deduct things like lights bills and all. Is it difficult to do with those? I plan on also calling an account and getting a quote, I prefer to do my own I just don't have the time.
TIA

Replies

• mrscass0416
    February 5, 2013 at 1:27 PM
    Bumps
  • Nathans_mom0612
    February 5, 2013 at 1:29 PM
    No. We have a lot of deductions and I do it online. They usually walk you step by step. If not there is an option at the top to search forms you have received so you can input info.
  • mrscass0416
    February 5, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Ok I have always done turbo tax but never for so many deductions . I didn't want to start if it wasn't worth it

Quoting Nathans_mom0612:

No. We have a lot of deductions and I do it online. They usually walk you step by step. If not there is an option at the top to search forms you have received so you can input info.

• Nathans_mom0612
    February 5, 2013 at 1:38 PM
    Quoting mrscass0416:

I use tax act. We have student loans, stocks and mortgage interest. In the beginning they ask you if anything has changed such as buying a house which you can put down. The only thing I'm not familiar with is our work at home expenses, but I do remember passing that section that asked if I owned my own business and expenses from it. ..not sure if its the same thing as working from home expenses.

Mom Confessions