Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Roxygurl
S/O is alcohol a requirement for a wedding reception?
February 4, 2013 at 1:38 PM
There was a discussion in another post of mine regarding alcohol at wedding receptions so I thought I'd start a new post and gets y'all's opinion.

Would you base your decision to attend a wedding/reception based solely on if there will be alcohol or not?
Would alcohol or the lack of alcohol being the deciding factor on if you would attend a wedding/reception?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 14% - Yes alcohol would def be my deciding factor
  2. 74% - No I don't care one way or another
  3. 11% - Monkey butts!

Replies

• peanutsmommy1
    February 4, 2013 at 1:39 PM

no, I go to celebrate the marriage, not for the booze

• TigOlBitties
    Traditionally. I mean hell, even Jesus turned the water to wine at a wedding celebration. =]]

I guess I would still attend if there were no alcohol, but only if I reaaaallly loved the couple. Lol
  • LucyHourglass

no that is not what i would bas emy decision on, but i do think there should be alcohol.

• catrig
    by catrig
    February 4, 2013 at 1:41 PM
    We didn't have any at our wedding. We didn't need certain people overdrinking.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 4, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I do not drink, but do feel alcohol should be offered at a wedding. People are using their whole evening to dress up, get you a gift, and celebrate your marriage. People expect to have a good time at a reception and should be able to enjoy a drink. :)

• opal10161973
    February 4, 2013 at 1:43 PM

So, they can't bring ther own and keep it in the car?  I mean if you're going to be that bad as to not attend over it, why not bring your own?

• Hot_Badonkadonk
    February 4, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I would still go if there was no alcohol but that seems lame. I'd rather have a drink and celebrate! 

• mich.el.le
    February 4, 2013 at 1:44 PM
    Good god. Can people really not survive without drinking? I would attend igf there was no alcohol and if the people had alcohol but wouldn't act like monkey butts. :-)
  • Maevelyn
    February 4, 2013 at 1:45 PM

It's nice but I go to wedding to celebrate the bride and groom. 

• sjenkins8208
    February 4, 2013 at 1:46 PM
    It would be annoying, but I would bring my own.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts