Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Can an Employer do this?
by Anonymous
February 4, 2013 at 10:16 AM

My Dh took a loan from his company to move out of state and have a better paying job. After being there a month, they took the job he moved there for away. He has now been there 4 months going on 5 soon and he is about to quit (Friday is his last day). Can they legally hold his last check since he is still repaying them? 

Replies

• peanutsmommy1
    February 4, 2013 at 10:17 AM

yep

• tinkerbellbay
    February 4, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Yes I pretty sure they can 

• PinkyPan
    February 4, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Yes

• WifeyC
    by WifeyC
    February 4, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Yes.

• ff-princess

sure they can, and I'd bet it's somewhere in the paperwork he signed.  when our parent company changed, it changed our payroll cycle.  they offered to advance us two weeks pay, with the details for repayment over the next 4 checks.  if our employment terminated prior to that, they would take the balance due out of the last check(s).

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

Yes.

• Jennyanne322
    February 4, 2013 at 10:20 AM
    Yes they can.
  • lizzyluvsmoe
    February 4, 2013 at 10:21 AM

no

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster

I checked through all of the paperwork we have from the loan agreement, and found nothing stating they would hold his last check upon termination or if he quits. So I didn't know if they could legally still do that without having him sign something when they issued the loan. 

Quoting ff-princess:

sure they can, and I'd bet it's somewhere in the paperwork he signed.  when our parent company changed, it changed our payroll cycle.  they offered to advance us two weeks pay, with the details for repayment over the next 4 checks.  if our employment terminated prior to that, they would take the balance due out of the last check(s).

• SummasMomma
    Yes.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts