Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
UPDATE!! 31wks pregnant and havent been to a Dr.
by Anonymous
February 4, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Due to medical insurance problems, i havent been to see a doctor yet for my pregnancy. im 31wks. I have my first apt tomorrow morning. i dont have any worries, never had complications with my first 2.

I didnt choose to see a doc until now because i was living in another state for a while which refused me medicaid once i became pregnant. i worked and earned less than $200/ bi-weekly. All of which went to bills, diapers and food. Now im back in my home-state which is finally allowing me medicaid. im excited to see the Dr tomorrow.

ive read online that many woman refuse prenatal care or just choose not to, and everyone looks at me like im crazy for not have seen a Dr yet.. i didnt want more debt.

UPDATE: Saw the doc, everything is great! got an ultrasound scheduled on Friday!

Replies

• Twofeathers
    February 4, 2013 at 5:21 AM

Yes and let me show you a little something..This is a reservation in S. Dakota that has a HUGE lack of prenatal care..

The empowerment zone is located in the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation along the southwestern border of South Dakota. The reservation is homeland of the Oglala Lakota Tribe, the largest of the seven bands that make up the Teton Lakota Nation. The zone includes the most densely populated areas of the Reservation, covering approximately 1,000 of the Reservation’s 7,000 square miles. It encompasses all of Shannon County, which is the poorest county in the nation, and parts of Jackson and Bennett Counties. The Lakota Fund, one of the key partners, was started to provide capital and technical assistance on the Pine Ridge Reservation. It is the major lending institution in an environment where most people do not have access to credit or savings institutions. The Reservation has a higher rate of diabetes, alcoholism, heart disease, road accidents, other accidents, and suicide than the American Indian population as a whole and all other races. The infant mortality rate is higher than the national average, and the tuberculosis rate is eight times higher. Alcoholism affects nearly every family on the reservation. The Lakota have the lowest life expectancy of any group in America.

Again the lack of services for expecting mothers is almost non exsistant. Yes, for centuries mothers did not have prenatal care. However, infant mortality was VERY high. This Reservation shows that when services are few and far between..what is in red is the outcome to expect

Here's a link to back what Ive said

http://voices.yahoo.com/south-dakotas-pine-ridge-indian-reservation-has-third-413692.html?cat=5

Quoting SLMitchell:

Women were having babies for centuries before modern medicine got involved.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 4, 2013 at 5:22 AM
    and you're stupid. you didnt read my whole post, or you did but nothing except "debt" settled in your brain.
    i hadn't seen a doc mainly because i live in a state where i couldnt afford to live. moved back home and now i do. and tell me, how many 13yr olds have 2 kids and have a JOB. you just radiate idiocy from that comment.
    maybe you need to go back to 5th grade english class and retake the test on reading comp.

Quoting Anonymous:

Frankly I think its just too many excuses . I was basically homeless and I handled going to the DOC . & if u only care about debt then maybe think of adoption . Cause the child will need to see the DOC after the is born . I think your either really young like 13 or just very ignorant

• Anonymous 1
    February 4, 2013 at 5:30 AM
    you also realize that basic prenatal care only consists of prenatal vitamines, being weighed, measured, and given tests that 90% of the time aren't needed. i take prenatals, drink clean water, eat the best i can, im not living in such poverty conditions as those you speak of nor those of the long past. i lived a few months in a state which didnt grant me healthcare and i didnt make much money. i take care of myself, so.. i pretty much seeyl your post as irrelevant to my situation. thanks for the bit of info though. its true you learn something new every day.

Quoting Twofeathers:

Yes and let me show you a little something..This is a reservation in S. Dakota that has a HUGE lack of prenatal care..

The empowerment zone is located in the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation along the southwestern border of South Dakota. The reservation is homeland of the Oglala Lakota Tribe, the largest of the seven bands that make up the Teton Lakota Nation. The zone includes the most densely populated areas of the Reservation, covering approximately 1,000 of the Reservation’s 7,000 square miles. It encompasses all of Shannon County, which is the poorest county in the nation, and parts of Jackson and Bennett Counties. The Lakota Fund, one of the key partners, was started to provide capital and technical assistance on the Pine Ridge Reservation. It is the major lending institution in an environment where most people do not have access to credit or savings institutions. The Reservation has a higher rate of diabetes, alcoholism, heart disease, road accidents, other accidents, and suicide than the American Indian population as a whole and all other races. The infant mortality rate is higher than the national average, and the tuberculosis rate is eight times higher. Alcoholism affects nearly every family on the reservation. The Lakota have the lowest life expectancy of any group in America.

Again the lack of services for expecting mothers is almost non exsistant. Yes, for centuries mothers did not have prenatal care. However, infant mortality was VERY high. This Reservation shows that when services are few and far between..what is in red is the outcome to expect

Here's a link to back what Ive said

http://voices.yahoo.com/south-dakotas-pine-ridge-indian-reservation-has-third-413692.html?cat=5

Quoting SLMitchell:

Women were having babies for centuries before modern medicine got involved.

• Twofeathers
    February 4, 2013 at 5:32 AM

Have you thought about seeking about a county medical office that helps people based on their income? If your below a certain income then you pay nothing. Every county in the US has one of these that I know of. Just trying to help by giving a suggestion

• Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    February 4, 2013 at 5:34 AM
    Have fun getting ur kid taken away
  • baquick
    by baquick
    February 4, 2013 at 5:35 AM
    Good luck! Have a great appt!
  • Anonymous 1
    February 4, 2013 at 5:35 AM
    thank you but ive already got things settled. as i said, i couldnt afford it before but since, i now have medical and my doc apt is only a few hours away. :)

Quoting Twofeathers:

Have you thought about seeking about a county medical office that helps people based on their income? If your below a certain income then you pay nothing. Every county in the US has one of these that I know of. Just trying to help by giving a suggestion

• Anonymous 1
    February 4, 2013 at 5:36 AM
    lmao really? wanna explain to me how? because i dont believe you read all of my post.

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    February 4, 2013 at 5:39 AM
    Thats funny , ur nuts !!!!! I am educated , thats why I know how inmportant it is to see a doctor . Do ur baby a favor and give that lil angel who doesn't just think about debt or medical bills

Quoting Anonymous:

and you're stupid. you didnt read my whole post, or you did but nothing except "debt" settled in your brain.

i hadn't seen a doc mainly because i live in a state where i couldnt afford to live. moved back home and now i do. and tell me, how many 13yr olds have 2 kids and have a JOB. you just radiate idiocy from that comment.

maybe you need to go back to 5th grade english class and retake the test on reading comp.

Quoting Anonymous:

Frankly I think its just too many excuses . I was basically homeless and I handled going to the DOC . & if u only care about debt then maybe think of adoption . Cause the child will need to see the DOC after the is born . I think your either really young like 13 or just very ignorant

• Anonymous 12
    by Anonymous 12
    February 4, 2013 at 5:42 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

lmao really? wanna explain to me how? because i dont believe you read all of my post.

Quoting Anonymous:

The ignorance on here.  They can't take your kid away because you couldn't afford a Dr. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever.  She applied for Medicaid-they denied her.  Therefore if you want to be technical, it is the fault of the healthcare system, as many Drs wouldn't even SEE her with no insurance (forget debt-they won't take you on AT ALL)

She wasn't REFUSING to see  a Dr, she couldn't AFFORD to see a Dr. Not the same things at all. nd refusing to see a Dr-unless you KNOW there is a problem (and you would have had to see a dr) isn't illegal. There is no mandate in this country that you MUST see a Dr when pregnant. People have homebirths in which their babies DIE-and aren't charged with anything. So really try and educate yourself on your rights as a citizen of this country.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN