Mom Confessions

LCWAmommy
I can't believe my friend just bought her son an easy bake oven!
February 3, 2013 at 11:33 PM
What the hell was she thinking!?

Now she has to eat nasty lightbulb baked cakes forever!!! Worst idea ever!

Replies

• RaynesMommy07
    February 3, 2013 at 11:34 PM
    This is why I haven't gotten DD one yet. Idk if I can stand eating that mess. Lol
  • tastelikeyum
    February 3, 2013 at 11:37 PM
    So what? You don't have to eat it so not your problem. If that's what she wants to get HER CHILD than what is it to you?
  • lucsch
    by lucsch
    February 3, 2013 at 11:38 PM

I admit I've had two of these. One before I had a daughter, and I mentioned to my dh I had never had one when I was a child, so he bought it for me for Christmas. After giving that one to a friend's daughter, and later having a daughter of my own, I bought another.

My son loved them. He actually loves to bake. I don't think there's a thing wrong with that. I do agree that they are a pain to use, though!

• misskriss10
    February 3, 2013 at 11:38 PM
    Not gonna lie, I thought you were going to bitch about boys having easy bake ovens lol

But is it bad that I kinda want one? I know that everything tastes nasty but I had one when I was little so I know it will bring back so many memories.
  • Lydlou02
    February 3, 2013 at 11:40 PM
    I don't think they use light bulbs anymore. I know you can find recipes for homemade refill packs.
  • macysmom
    February 3, 2013 at 11:40 PM
    I regret buying one.. every night.. "mom lets bake something!"
  • ForeverInLove
    February 3, 2013 at 11:43 PM

I want one, lol. I used to have one, and it was the 100w light bulb style, with the pink handle thing and little metal pans. push in from one side, take out from the other. 

then, someone that was staying with us went on a drunken spree and, along with a lot of other things, we had to throw it out. He was hep c positive :(

• LCWAmommy
    February 3, 2013 at 11:43 PM
    Dude chill it was a damn joke. I told her when she's eating "yummy" cakes picture me laughing my all
    Off. Please pull Te stick out of your rear

Quoting tastelikeyum:

So what? You don't have to eat it so not your problem. If that's what she wants to get HER CHILD than what is it to you?
  • LCWAmommy
    February 3, 2013 at 11:46 PM
    My son loves to bake too I let him help me when ever he wants. He can actually do brownies from scratch all by himself. He melts the chocolate and butter in the microwave and mixes it all up and even preheats the oven but I still put them in an take them out when they are done he's 8 I don't quite trust him to not burn himself yet.

Quoting lucsch:

I admit I've had two of these. One before I had a daughter, and I mentioned to my dh I had never had one when I was a child, so he bought it for me for Christmas. After giving that one to a friend's daughter, and later having a daughter of my own, I bought another.

My son loved them. He actually loves to bake. I don't think there's a thing wrong with that. I do agree that they are a pain to use, though!

• tastelikeyum
    February 3, 2013 at 11:46 PM
    Dude not sure what a Te stick is but I will be sure to google it.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Dude chill it was a damn joke. I told her when she's eating "yummy" cakes picture me laughing my all

Off. Please pull Te stick out of your rear

Quoting tastelikeyum:

Mom Confessions