Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I think I have Hodkins lymphoma
by Anonymous
February 3, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Im really concerned I have it because for the last year I have been having enlarged lymph nodes over my whole body (neck, chest, armpits, groin). They sometimes hurt and seem to become inflamed after excessive activity or drinking (even just one or two drinks). They seems to be extremely sensitive. And now I think my spleen may be enlarged because I can no longer eat large meals without the area under my left rib cage hurting and having a full feeling. Im very scared and starting to really worry. I had mentioned the nodes to my doctor before but they didnt seem worried.

DH and I are TTC and now im so scared to go to the doctor because I will probably have this and have to stop TTC or possibly even die.

I just went through Severe Dysplasia (Pre-Cervical Cancer) and have to have part of my cervix removed. Im only 26 but it just feels like its one thing after another, the first cancer scare was bad enough im just scared of potentially going through another.

ETA: For everyone thats being rude and attacking me about not going to the doctor, if you read above I DID. I even mentioned it to the OBGYN who treated me for my dysplasia. Neither seemed concerned, the first didnt even bother to exam me and the second just said they are a little swollen and that can happy for many reasons. Not much help there!! 

Also being able to just see another doctor isnt so simple. We have tricare (military insurance) and are required to go on base and see a PCM who is a nurse practitioner, we dont see doctors. I have to go through a process to request in change of PCM so that I can see another doctor. Tricare has to approve that, its not so simple as just making an appointment. Thats why im asking questions on here, its sometimes eases your mind if you have others who have been through the same thing and can give you advice...rather than being attacked when your scared. 

Replies

• peanutsmommy1
    February 3, 2013 at 9:51 PM
    Dont diagnose via google, go to a doctor
  • miss.muffet
    February 3, 2013 at 9:52 PM
    Exactly
    Get your blood work done and please relax for now.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Dont diagnose via google, go to a doctor

• Jennyanne322
    February 3, 2013 at 9:52 PM
    So you have had these things for a year and haven't thought to get them checked out before? You would rather get pregnant and have a high risk pregnancy and a child that may not ever know its mother, then go to the doctor to find out what is really wrong with you? So adult of you!
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 3, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Quoting Jennyanne322:

So you have had these things for a year and haven't thought to get them checked out before? You would rather get pregnant and have a high risk pregnancy and a child that may not ever know its mother, then go to the doctor to find out what is really wrong with you? So adult of you!

No that other stuff just started. I had the lymph nodes for a year. My doctor didnt seem to care.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    February 3, 2013 at 9:54 PM

get a new dr and go. putting it off won't make anything better and surely won't make your problems go away. i understand being scared and yes it's going to be hard going through all the tests but if something serious is wrong, you need to know. and the sooner the better. i have a friend going through the same thing with the enlarged lypmph nodes and all that. he put it off for a long time and is finally dealing with it. take care of your self. as mothers we often forget how important that is but you need to.

• Jennyanne322
    February 3, 2013 at 9:58 PM
    Find a new doctor and go. If you can't have your own baby, there is always adoption or having surrogate.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Jennyanne322:

No that other stuff just started. I had the lymph nodes for a year. My doctor didnt seem to care.

• gypsy30
    by gypsy30
    February 3, 2013 at 10:00 PM

You need to go back to the doctor and tell them what's going on.  You don't want to get pregnant if there might potentially be something wrong.  BUT, just because you have those symptoms doesn't mean it's lymphoma.  One of our good friends had these same things going on a few months ago.  He was scared, and the doctors even told him that's what they thought it was.  He had more tests and turned out, it was nothing terminal.  I don't remember what they told him now that it was, but it ended up not being cancer.  Please go to your doctor.  Because even if there is something wrong, there is a lot that can be done to help today.

• kels1023
    February 3, 2013 at 10:01 PM
    Go to the doctor. Same thing happened to a good friend of mine but she waited a long time to to get checked out. When she finally did she was diagnosed with stage 3 lymphoma at 20 years old
  • lovelove211
    February 3, 2013 at 10:01 PM
    You may have glandular fever. I was the exact same way when I had it
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 3, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Quoting lovelove211:

You may have glandular fever. I was the exact same way when I had it

Isnt that mono?? I had that when I was 15. Can it come back ??

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts