Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
MamaMoopsie
I don't judge those who don't do this...but I really think it's more personal to do this.
February 3, 2013 at 6:28 PM

So my SD's 10th birthday is coming up and all she can talk about is the type of cake she wants. I always make the cake myself and I make it personal for my family members. They tell me general shape or style of cake they want, what flavor cake and frosting and I go from there.

I always find store bought cakes...almost distasteful and impersonal.

So I just ordered a monkey shaped cake pan for SD's birthday (she wants a jungle themed party) and I was wondering if any other moms out there still make their kids' birthday cakes. I don't know anyone my age (late 20's) who does, they all buy store bought.

Here are a few cakes from the last year. My DH doesn't like frosting but LOVES gummy worms...so I tried to compromise on his cake.

Replies

• msfila1980
    February 3, 2013 at 6:48 PM
    I typically buy cakes from Publix, I love their cakes. so yummy! I have made cakes but mostly buy. I do my own cake pops though
  • brebugmom91
    My MIL makes our cakes, and they are AMAZING. So there :P
  • dudestfd

This is the cake we will be making for dd this yr :) She will be 2 in April.

• Isaacsmom913

Ah, our bakery can match the design of the plates or napkins used for the theme.  Personal enough for me...

• beco8627
    February 3, 2013 at 6:49 PM
    I've recently turned vegan and planned on making my sons birthday cake for Tue. Can I have that recipe?

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

Best cake I ever made was vegan chocolate. This post actually made me think of it and crave it....Im making it tomm.

But yeah....I never buy store bought cakes

Quoting Groove:

We're a vegan family so I have no option but to make our cakes at home.

• msfila1980
    btw, love all yours. very cute & unique!
  • TattoodMommy19

Owl cup cakes I did for halloween
  • mom2devin11005
    February 3, 2013 at 6:50 PM

This was the cake I made for my daughter's first birthday in November

• Aislin
    by Aislin

I make all of our cakes too

Barbra Manatee

Princess

Doctor Who

Dalek cupcakes

Hello Kitty

Those are the only ones I have pictures of.

• lovemysnugbugs
    My cakes always taste yummy but I suck at decorating them so they don't look that good. Sometimes I make them, sometimes I buy them. There's a supermarket near me that has an awesome bakery, so I usually buy from there.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN