Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
MamaMoopsie
I don't judge those who don't do this...but I really think it's more personal to do this.
February 3, 2013 at 6:28 PM

So my SD's 10th birthday is coming up and all she can talk about is the type of cake she wants. I always make the cake myself and I make it personal for my family members. They tell me general shape or style of cake they want, what flavor cake and frosting and I go from there.

I always find store bought cakes...almost distasteful and impersonal.

So I just ordered a monkey shaped cake pan for SD's birthday (she wants a jungle themed party) and I was wondering if any other moms out there still make their kids' birthday cakes. I don't know anyone my age (late 20's) who does, they all buy store bought.

Here are a few cakes from the last year. My DH doesn't like frosting but LOVES gummy worms...so I tried to compromise on his cake.

Replies

• msfila1980
    February 3, 2013 at 6:48 PM
    I typically buy cakes from Publix, I love their cakes. so yummy! I have made cakes but mostly buy. I do my own cake pops though
  • brebugmom91
    My MIL makes our cakes, and they are AMAZING. So there :P
  • dudestfd

This is the cake we will be making for dd this yr :) She will be 2 in April.

• Isaacsmom913

Ah, our bakery can match the design of the plates or napkins used for the theme.  Personal enough for me...

• beco8627
    February 3, 2013 at 6:49 PM
    I've recently turned vegan and planned on making my sons birthday cake for Tue. Can I have that recipe?

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

Best cake I ever made was vegan chocolate. This post actually made me think of it and crave it....Im making it tomm.

But yeah....I never buy store bought cakes

Quoting Groove:

We're a vegan family so I have no option but to make our cakes at home.

• msfila1980
    btw, love all yours. very cute & unique!
  • TattoodMommy19

Owl cup cakes I did for halloween
  • mom2devin11005
    February 3, 2013 at 6:50 PM

This was the cake I made for my daughter's first birthday in November

• Aislin
    by Aislin

I make all of our cakes too

Barbra Manatee

Princess

Doctor Who

Dalek cupcakes

Hello Kitty

Those are the only ones I have pictures of.

• lovemysnugbugs
    My cakes always taste yummy but I suck at decorating them so they don't look that good. Sometimes I make them, sometimes I buy them. There's a supermarket near me that has an awesome bakery, so I usually buy from there.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts