Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Only stupid people or little kids get motion sickness Edit ****
by Anonymous
February 3, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Kids get motion sickness because they're still getting used to what the world is and how they exist in it, Adults get motion sickness because they're too stupid to comprehend they're moving even while sitting on their butts.

Edit for those who don't understand why :  I equate self control and will power to intelligence. Both of which have been able to subdue the effects of motion sickness in people . Some people.

Replies

• karisma22
    February 3, 2013 at 10:51 PM

badsticking out tongueeye rolling

Ummmm!  Yeah.  Whatever!

• emptynesst
    February 3, 2013 at 10:52 PM
    Lol...I was all geared up to get mad...this is too stupid for my anger! Lol
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    February 3, 2013 at 11:15 PM

The brain can't comprehend what is happening to the body.

It doesn't happen with everyone, it only happens with a few.

Most people's brains can process those few facts, some people's can't.

Intelligence is linked to control over one's body, you can't just say "your brain is stupid, but you are super smart"

Quoting Tal0n:

Motion is sensed by the brain through three different pathways of the nervous system that send signals coming from the inner ear (sensing motion, acceleration, and gravity), the eyes (vision), and the deeper tissues of the body surface (proprioceptors).

When the body is moved intentionally, for example, when we walk, the input from all three pathways is coordinated by our brain. When there is unintentional movement of the body, as occurs during motion when driving in a car, the brain is not coordinating the input, and there is thought to be discoordination or conflict among the input from the three pathways. It is hypothesized that the conflict among the inputs is responsible for motion sickness.

The cause of motion sickness is complex, however, and the role of conflicting input is only a hypothesis for its development. Without the motion-sensing organs of the inner ear, motion sickness does not occur, suggesting that the inner ear is critical for the development of motion sickness.

Visual input seems to be of lesser importance, since blind people can develop motion sickness. Motion sickness is more likely to occur with complex types of movement, especially movement that is slow or involves two different directions (for example, vertical and horizontal) at the same time.

The conflicting input within the brain appears to involve levels of the neurotransmitters (substances that mediate transmission of signals within the brain and nervous system) histamine, acetylcholine, and norepinephrine.

So tell me...where does it say it only affects little kids or "stupid people"?  Or that youth or intelligence are in any way a factor in motion sickness?

Motion sickness, even among EXPERTS, of which you are most assuredly not, is not completely understood.  So tell me again...how does youth or perceived intelligence factor into whether someone is affected by motion sickness?

Find me a study.  Find me proof.  You made the assertion, now back it up.

Quoting Anonymous:

And yet no one can explain to me why I am wrong.

Quoting Tal0n:

Mostly because you don't really know what you're talking about.

Next you'll say that morning sickness is only for women who know they're pregnant or some such nonsense.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Tal0n:

*shrug* I get motion sickness from 3-D movies, IMAX and lately I got sick from The Hobbit bc of the seats we were sitting in, even though it was filmed standard.  (Nothing fancy, in other words)

Sorry, your theory doesn't fly.

Why doesn't it fly?

• mich.el.le
    February 3, 2013 at 11:17 PM

I guess I was smarter as a kid than I am now then. lmao I didn't get motion sickness until after I had kids. They ruined my stomach and my mind. *sigh* 

• davnrori
    February 3, 2013 at 11:19 PM

You must constantly be suffering from motion sickness.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 3, 2013 at 11:21 PM

no ur the stupid one ur have no idea what the f*ck u r talking about

• momto2boys973
    February 4, 2013 at 12:23 AM
    Quoting Anonymous:

"Intelligence is linked to control over one's body, you can't just say "your brain is stupid, but you are super smart""

That's BS. Intelligence refers to INTELLCTUAL functioning, not control over your body. It encompasses abstract thought, problem solving, understanding, self awareness, learning, reasoning, retaining and planning. The ability to hold a fart it's not really what makes you intelligent. Everyone's body has automated, unconscious functions. A person isn't a moron because he's incapable of controlling getting goosebumps or having his stomach rumble- or for having motion stimuli sending mixed signals and getting motion sickness. A person is stupid when she's ignorant about a topic and instead of admitting it and be willing to educate herself she tries to justify a stupid comment with more ignorance, like making up a definition of "intelligence" that's completely false.
    But hey, I don't think anyone here is surprised that YOUR definition of intelligence involves the ability to fart on cue...
  • MissMoonlight
    February 4, 2013 at 12:25 AM
    People here say the strangest things.
  • Mocking.Jay
    February 4, 2013 at 12:26 AM
    Holy shit lmao. Jajajajajaja!!!
  • Kaybean
    by Kaybean
    February 4, 2013 at 12:30 AM
    Oh yes, because motion sickness is something you can control...

Mom Confessions