Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
ciao_kitty
How do you entertain the kids w/o TV while sick?
February 3, 2013 at 2:04 PM

So...how do you do it?We got rid of cable to cut back on our bills, our internet connection is spotty, and we don't have smartphones. And just last two week, we all came down with a bad cold, followed by the norovirus. As DS got better, DH and I got sick; DS wanted to play, DH and I wanted to sleep/throw up/go to the bathroom/felt like the sh*t that left our bodies. We ended up renting dvds, how do you guys entertain/distract the kiddo without TV?  

Replies

• mymanben
    February 3, 2013 at 2:08 PM
    My son is 3. He just over being sick and now I'm sick. In the morning I fill the living room with toys and books and he just plays. I relax on the couch and put in a movie. He prefers to play alone (autistic) so it works out pretty well.
  • KairisMama
    February 3, 2013 at 2:10 PM
    I don't. The Tv and Kindle is a lifesaver if I feel like garbage.
  • luvmymonkeys27
    February 3, 2013 at 2:11 PM

We read. My kids love books, so that's my go-to option. But if I'm really feeling like crap.... then yeah, the TV. 

• Elayna90
    February 3, 2013 at 2:13 PM
    Well I have 3 kids so they entertain each other.
    But some things I have used are crayons and ask them to draw me a special picture. Ask them to dress up and tell me a story or read me a book (they "read" by telling me about the pictures). I put on music for them to dance to.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    February 3, 2013 at 2:14 PM

how old are the kids?  why do you have to entertain them?

• RissyLee
    February 3, 2013 at 2:19 PM
    I don't have to entertain my son. He's 2 1/2 and is perfectly capable and happy entertaining himself. He plays in his playroom or brings toys out to the living room. I don't have cable, but he does have some DVDs he likes to watch while he plays. I rarely turn the tv on, though, so when I do put in a DVD for him he's always excited. He usually prefers to play by himself in his playroom, so I'll lay on the couch in the living room or sit at my desk in his playroom and read.
  • peaches_04
    February 3, 2013 at 2:20 PM
    Color/crafts
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    February 3, 2013 at 2:24 PM
    Books, toys, singing songs, dvds, playdough, coloring.....

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts