Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Aslen
So freaking TACKY! *ETA*
by Aslen
February 3, 2013 at 9:02 AM

I covered up all personal info, but does anyone ELSE see something wrong with charging people to come to a baby shower?

Let me also add, the women who hosted this shower live in THE most exclusive part of Savannah, The Landings. I was looking forward to the shower, until I saw the $5.00 charge. When I called tpo RSVP, I told them why I wasn't coming; that it's tacky to expect money to defray the cost of the shower and that the hostesses needed a refresher from Miss Manners about it.

*ETA* the shower was for the wife of our associate priest. I am by no means blaming her, but could NOT believe the audacity of the people hosting thw shower to even A.) invite more people than the venue could hold, and B.) to CHARGE people for coming.

Replies

• Aslen
    by Aslen
    February 5, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Savannah SUCKS... unless you have a boat or golf. There's nothing to do here.

If I had my druthers, I'd rather be back in Buffalo

Quoting tastelikeyum:

Lol any place is better than Reidsville. I would move anywhere to be out of here.

Quoting Aslen:

I have a friend in Lyons! I want OUT of Savannah so damn bad.... I'm actually thinking of moving to Statesboro/Claxton in the next month or so. 

If you do go to Lady and Sons, they don't take reservations.... but they will for locals. It's OK, but for the money, you're better off going to Mrs. Wilkes' Boarding House. The food is MUCH BETTER!

Quoting tastelikeyum:

Lol I knew I was spelling it wrong. I live in GA near Vidalia. I heard the restaurant wasn't all that good. I want to go try anyway.

Quoting Aslen:

DeEn. Not DeAn. Lord lol, please dont come here and spell their name wrong... You would be tarred and feathered and run out of town!

Lady and sons isnt that expensive, catering-wise. I was thinking more.froo-froo, like susan mason

Quoting tastelikeyum:

Paula Dean must be catering too. That is just crazy.

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting BEXi:

Yup no.

And the people that hosted this live in THE most exclusive area of Savannah....

• Anonymous 51
    by Anonymous 51
    February 5, 2013 at 10:50 AM
    So what if an important family member didnt get their invite right away or was too busy to RSVP for a couple days... But they were #130 to call. That's messed up

Actually a friend of mine was telling me she was going to shower that was at a water park lol she had to pay admission for her & her kids to even go. Weird

Seems tacky for sure
  • tastelikeyum
    February 5, 2013 at 11:06 AM
    Lol it seems everyone from the north ends up down here!! My family is from MA. We moved here from HI though. It was a HUGE DIFFERENCE!! People down here are nice but are nosey as hell lol!! Up north you really just keep to yourself and talk to people you know. Everyone here waves at you like they know you. I got used to the waving so when I went to MA to visit my family we stopped in Jersey. I was in the bathroom and I waved and said hi to a lady. Lmao she could have snatched my soul out with the look she gave me. I said to myself I'm definitely not in GA anymore.

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting tastelikeyum:

Lol any place is better than Reidsville. I would move anywhere to be out of here.

Quoting Aslen:

I have a friend in Lyons! I want OUT of Savannah so damn bad.... I'm actually thinking of moving to Statesboro/Claxton in the next month or so. 

If you do go to Lady and Sons, they don't take reservations.... but they will for locals. It's OK, but for the money, you're better off going to Mrs. Wilkes' Boarding House. The food is MUCH BETTER!

Quoting tastelikeyum:

Lol I knew I was spelling it wrong. I live in GA near Vidalia. I heard the restaurant wasn't all that good. I want to go try anyway.

Quoting Aslen:

DeEn. Not DeAn. Lord lol, please dont come here and spell their name wrong... You would be tarred and feathered and run out of town!

Lady and sons isnt that expensive, catering-wise. I was thinking more.froo-froo, like susan mason

Quoting tastelikeyum:

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting BEXi:

Yup no.

• Aslen
    by Aslen
    February 5, 2013 at 11:45 AM

See I've had the opposite. Savannah people are like you described on your trip to NJ. Southern Hospitality is a JOKE, and God willing, by summer next years, I WILL be back where I belong, because GA is NOT IT. Just the education standards ALONE are motre than enough reason for me to move back. Things I did in the 4th grade were a 7th grade level down here.... That has stuck with me, and not what I want for my boys. 

Quoting tastelikeyum:

Lol it seems everyone from the north ends up down here!! My family is from MA. We moved here from HI though. It was a HUGE DIFFERENCE!! People down here are nice but are nosey as hell lol!! Up north you really just keep to yourself and talk to people you know. Everyone here waves at you like they know you. I got used to the waving so when I went to MA to visit my family we stopped in Jersey. I was in the bathroom and I waved and said hi to a lady. Lmao she could have snatched my soul out with the look she gave me. I said to myself I'm definitely not in GA anymore.

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting tastelikeyum:

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting tastelikeyum:

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting tastelikeyum:

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting BEXi:

Yup no.

• Jessiejem
    February 5, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Charging for a baby shower is TACKY

I would not attend, but I would send a gift.

wow.

• model1000mom
    February 5, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Charging to attend a baby shower is tacky IMO.

• LittleBirdFly
    February 5, 2013 at 11:51 AM

yes I agree you should not charge people to come to a baby shower or any party you have.

• virginiallorca
    February 5, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Incredible.  Suppose you show up with a big gift box and no $5.  It's a whole new world.

• MariannLws
    February 6, 2013 at 9:41 AM

You are entitled to your opinion to this subject and I respect that. 

Quoting Anonymous:

When I said you, its a general you, not you specifically. And obviously you are okay with this because you defended it serveral times in your posts that you wrote.

And its not okay to do this, its trashy. Period.

Quoting MariannLws:

I never said I did this. You assume I did. It's a little known unspoken fact in some circles. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MariannLws:

No not at all. It's a way to make sure the right type of people attend darling. This is nothing new. 

OMG I about died laughing reading this. Lady if you invite people to YOUR OWN SHOWER that aren't the RIGHT kind of people for you then that makes you look like you are in it for the gifts. Which just makes you look trashy, not classy.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts