Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Angelanscalf89
For those of you who think its wrong to be with someone whos legally married....
February 2, 2013 at 3:23 PM
My moms bouyfriend is legally married. Him and his wife have been seperated for 5 years. Shes been refusing a divorce. He just filed divorce and hopefully hell get it if she doesnt sign I think it just takes longer that way. He left her 5 years ago because shes a heroine addict her oldest (not his) is 16 and a heroine addict. They had 2 kids together a boy 15 and a girl 12. The boy now lives with my moms boyfriend and hes fighting for his daughter. When his divorce is final they are getting married. My moms been friends with this guy for over 20 years. His stbex lives in another state. My mom and her boyfriend love each other theres nothing wrong with them being together. My moms best friend has been with his gf for 10 years helped raise her kids and everything. The problem. They are both legally married the guy hasnt even seen his wife in 20 years. The girl hasnt been with her husband in 15 years. They are both getting divorces finally and getting married.

Replies

• Pink.Sunshine
    February 2, 2013 at 3:35 PM

I would never even look at someone who in the eyes of the law, was still married but that's just me.

• nikkik526
    February 2, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Quoting Sassy762:

Right or Wrong.... I personally would never become involved with a married man regardless of  how long he has been separated...but that is just me

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 2, 2013 at 3:36 PM
    I think as long as there happy there's no reason for you or your mom to ever feel like her and her SOs relationship needs justification. Someones always going to have something to say. . When a marriage ends between 2 people it's over regardless of what paper says.
  • etsmom
    by etsmom
    February 2, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Married is married. The legal bond is still there. I couldn't be with someone who is still married.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 2, 2013 at 3:38 PM

not in the eyes of the law it isn't

Quoting Anonymous:

I think as long as there happy there's no reason for you or your mom to ever feel like her and her SOs relationship needs justification. Someones always going to have something to say. . When a marriage ends between 2 people it's over regardless of what paper says.

• Isaacsmom913
    February 2, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Here's the irony--if the wife were smart, she'd counter sue him and your mother for allienation of affection for he is technically having an affair and morally that is wrong and she'd win regardless of her issues.  There are many reasons other than morally that you never tie your horse to a married man or woman.  You wait until the ink is dry and then do what ever the wind blows you towards.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 2, 2013 at 3:42 PM
    Depending on the amount of money and resources the person who doesn't want to divorce has they absolutely can hold that shit up for YEARS, sometimes even longer.

Quoting Aleta775:

I agree with Sassy. Even if a person doesn't want to sign divorce papers, they cannot delay a divorce forever. There are ways to get a person to sign so that it doesn't drag out for years. I wouldn't feel comfortable being with someone that was still married. 

Quoting Sassy762:

Right or Wrong.... I personally would never become involved with a married man regardless of  how long he has been separated...but that is just me

• Val99
    by Val99
    February 2, 2013 at 3:42 PM

You know that every state has laws regarding the disolution of a marraige so it won't take 5+ years.  Even if you can't find the person you are allowed to perform notification in publications (newspapers) and have it done with in a year.

I would have told him to research the laws and come back when he was divorced.

• mariesmama
    February 2, 2013 at 3:43 PM

you lost me at bouyfriend a bouy is what boats go around

• Aleta775
    February 2, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Oh well. I would move on to date someone else anyway. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Depending on the amount of money and resources the person who doesn't want to divorce has they absolutely can hold that shit up for YEARS, sometimes even longer.

Quoting Aleta775:

I agree with Sassy. Even if a person doesn't want to sign divorce papers, they cannot delay a divorce forever. There are ways to get a person to sign so that it doesn't drag out for years. I wouldn't feel comfortable being with someone that was still married. 

Quoting Sassy762:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts