Mom Confessions

WithHope
Grocery Shopping
February 2, 2013 at 3:02 PM
I just made my menu and lists for the week. I'm going to have to go to at least 3 stores. Too many people with different dietary restrictions to find it all one place! Anyone else go through this headache week after week? How many stores do you go to, and why?

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 2, 2013 at 3:03 PM

I go shopping almost every day. I like fresh foods. It is not a headache to me, I love it. 

• JerseyAirGurl
    February 2, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I go to maybe two (food lion and costco) lol... My husband is trying to gain... While I focus on losing weight. Nothing super fancy.

• lilfishbigocean
    February 2, 2013 at 3:05 PM

I just go to a few that have the B1G1 sales.. The others I just price match at Wal-Mart because it's easier, and they're usually the cheapest.

• rosie211
    February 2, 2013 at 3:06 PM

2, Kroger and Walmart. I go to Kroger because they double my coupons ($.50 and under) and they are very coupon friendly. I go to Walmart for a few things like paper towels, cheese, creamer and snacks for my husbands lunch because they have better deals on those items. 

ETA: Also go to Walmart to pricematch Savealot on things. Got frozen boneless chicken breasts for $1.59 a pound :)

• brittany208
    February 2, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I usually go to two, sometimes three. because i coupon and different stores have different sales/double coupons etc. I block off one afternoon a week, go armed with my list (rearranged in order that the items are in the store), and just hit them all at once. not a big deal.

• lovinmyboys...
    February 2, 2013 at 3:09 PM
    I go to Target...get all the toiletries and a few grocery items there...use coupons.
    I also go to Cub...get most grocery items there...use coupons.
  • SuperPickle
    February 2, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I stop at 3-4 stores every week....but they are all with in a 2 mile radius so its is super easy....

• WithHope
    February 2, 2013 at 3:11 PM
    I've got 3 kiddos, more when nieces & nephews are over so going anywhere is a big deal lol. Kiddos love the market but have no patience for Kroger, Sam's Club or the meat shop. Trader Joes is kid friendly but near the book store which always results in pleading to go there which is a whole new chaotic mess.

Quoting brittany208:

I usually go to two, sometimes three. because i coupon and different stores have different sales/double coupons etc. I block off one afternoon a week, go armed with my list (rearranged in order that the items are in the store), and just hit them all at once. not a big deal.

• Kaelaasmom
    February 2, 2013 at 3:13 PM

2 at most. I do most of my shopping at Aldi, but for the few things I can't get there, I go to Price Chopper.

• PinkyPan
    February 2, 2013 at 3:15 PM

We shop at Krogers weekly. DH has to shop with me and neither of us want to go more than one store.

Mom Confessions