Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
AliKatAK47
She is seeing her BM for the 1st time in 7-8 years -Update- -Update
February 2, 2013 at 2:36 PM
We tracked down my 9 year old's Bio mother and now we are in NY going to meet her. I want to sit her down and talk about her terminating her rights so I can adopt her daughter. I have been raising her since she was 6. We are meeting in a restaurant and I am going to try to talk nicely about it. I don't want a custody battle but I will fight for her like I fought for her sister. I want my daughter there so she can choose and tell her BM that she wants to be with me.

If she tries to fight I will get her for abandonment.

Please wish us luck. Will update later.

Update: I am sitting at the restaurant waiting for her. I did leave my daughter at home with a friend. BM is an hour late and I am nervous. I called her about 5x and it kept going to VM so I am going to assume it died or she is on the train

Update #2: It is 9:30 she never showed up. I left at about 7 and called and told her that if she still wanted to discuss I would give her until Sunday. If I go back home without meeting her then I will go to.court.

Replies

• graciesnycmama
    February 2, 2013 at 2:37 PM
    Good luck mama! Please keep us updated.
  • catrig
    by catrig
    February 2, 2013 at 2:38 PM
    You shouldn't put the child in the middle of it. Handle it in court.
  • roxy27
    by roxy27
    February 2, 2013 at 2:39 PM
    Good luck
  • LilliesValley
    I wouldn't want the child there. Not something she needs to be a part of especially if things get nasty. Jmot.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1

what if the child says she wants to go with her bio mom? I know that the likelihood of that happening is small but just wondering.. what if?

• baquick
    by baquick
    February 2, 2013 at 2:41 PM
    This

Quoting LilliesValley:

I wouldn't want the child there. Not something she needs to be a part of especially if things get nasty. Jmot.
  • Crashly
    by Crashly
    February 2, 2013 at 2:42 PM
    While I find what you are doing admirable, I think you should leave your dd out of the situation. You are potentially hurting her. She is a child and shouldn't be involved in adult matters.
    Not to mention bm may want a life with her daughter after seeing her.
  • km1970
    by km1970
    February 2, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I don't know if having a child there to choose is in the child's best interest. Couldn't you have this conversation with bm without your daughter there?

• jkleinman
    February 2, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Quoting Crashly:

While I find what you are doing admirable, I think you should leave your dd out of the situation. You are potentially hurting her. She is a child and shouldn't be involved in adult matters.

Not to mention bm may want a life with her daughter after seeing her.
  • lys20613
    February 2, 2013 at 2:43 PM
    I would just file abandonment and not involve the child. That will mess with her head.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts