Mom Confessions

AliKatAK47
She is seeing her BM for the 1st time in 7-8 years -Update- -Update
February 2, 2013 at 2:36 PM
We tracked down my 9 year old's Bio mother and now we are in NY going to meet her. I want to sit her down and talk about her terminating her rights so I can adopt her daughter. I have been raising her since she was 6. We are meeting in a restaurant and I am going to try to talk nicely about it. I don't want a custody battle but I will fight for her like I fought for her sister. I want my daughter there so she can choose and tell her BM that she wants to be with me.

If she tries to fight I will get her for abandonment.

Please wish us luck. Will update later.

Update: I am sitting at the restaurant waiting for her. I did leave my daughter at home with a friend. BM is an hour late and I am nervous. I called her about 5x and it kept going to VM so I am going to assume it died or she is on the train

Update #2: It is 9:30 she never showed up. I left at about 7 and called and told her that if she still wanted to discuss I would give her until Sunday. If I go back home without meeting her then I will go to.court.

Replies

• graciesnycmama
    February 2, 2013 at 2:37 PM
    Good luck mama! Please keep us updated.
  • catrig
    by catrig
    February 2, 2013 at 2:38 PM
    You shouldn't put the child in the middle of it. Handle it in court.
  • roxy27
    by roxy27
    February 2, 2013 at 2:39 PM
    Good luck
  • LilliesValley
    I wouldn't want the child there. Not something she needs to be a part of especially if things get nasty. Jmot.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous

what if the child says she wants to go with her bio mom? I know that the likelihood of that happening is small but just wondering.. what if?

• baquick
    by baquick
    February 2, 2013 at 2:41 PM
    This

Quoting LilliesValley:

I wouldn't want the child there. Not something she needs to be a part of especially if things get nasty. Jmot.
  • Crashly
    by Crashly
    February 2, 2013 at 2:42 PM
    While I find what you are doing admirable, I think you should leave your dd out of the situation. You are potentially hurting her. She is a child and shouldn't be involved in adult matters.
    Not to mention bm may want a life with her daughter after seeing her.
  • km1970
    by km1970
    February 2, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I don't know if having a child there to choose is in the child's best interest. Couldn't you have this conversation with bm without your daughter there?

• jkleinman
    February 2, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Quoting Crashly:

While I find what you are doing admirable, I think you should leave your dd out of the situation. You are potentially hurting her. She is a child and shouldn't be involved in adult matters.

Not to mention bm may want a life with her daughter after seeing her.
  • lys20613
    February 2, 2013 at 2:43 PM
    I would just file abandonment and not involve the child. That will mess with her head.

Mom Confessions