Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
WHAT would you do? Seriously, I don't know how to handle
by Anonymous
February 2, 2013 at 12:19 PM

So I'm a photographer and have an in home studio. Yesterday I was doing a Boudoir Shoot, and the client brought her horribly behaved 2 year old. She was destroying my house! She smooshed her snack all over my floor, almost broke my studio lights, and spilled her mothers make up powder all over my furniture.

ALL of that stuff isnt that big of a deal, however there is one thing that IS. She completely broke and smashed my laptop! My business laptop. She was beating on it yesterday and slammed it shut really hard, and when i seen her, i moved it. I didnt open the laptop to discover the damage of yesterday until this morning. All of my clients pictures, my editing software , my entire business is dependent on it. I have 13 unedited shoots that need to be done and I can't. I'm seriously LIVID.

I emailed her mother and told her about it an d all she said was "sorry".

That's it. That's fucking it! A One word email to a problem that will cost me $500 , canceled photoshoots today, plus delay for everyone elses shoot that needs editing!!

As the PARENT of the child: what would you do? Would you offer to help me pay for it?

As the business owner: would you SUGGEST it?

What would you do if you were on both sides?

Replies

• purpleducky
    February 2, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I would demand the money to repair it.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    February 2, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Yikes.  That is awful that was moms reply.  But the child is 2.  I am very non confrontational, I would probably just suck it up and learn from this experience.  No kids in the area while your working maybe.  Sorry that happened.

• jedwards2009
    If it was personal, I would ask for payment. But since its business, I would just let insurance handle it. And make a no children rule. Sorry that happened :(
  • LaughingTattoo

She would be paying to get it fixed or for a new one

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    February 2, 2013 at 12:23 PM
    Probably this...

Quoting purpleducky:

• aprilsalcro
    February 2, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Quoting purpleducky:

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    February 2, 2013 at 12:24 PM
    Oh wow. I would be all over her. Telling her she owes you x amount for the damage. Thats insane. Or replace ur laptop and send her the bill yo be reinbursed. I would definitely take it to smalls claim court.
  • Buggy979
    February 2, 2013 at 12:25 PM
    I would send her a bill for the new laptop. With pictures of the old one.
  • Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    February 2, 2013 at 12:25 PM
    I would send her the bill and take her to small claims court if she doesn't pay.

It's odd she brought her child to a boudoir shoot.
  • LoriLou75
    February 2, 2013 at 12:26 PM

I would in the future make a VERY STRICT policy that only models are allowed in your studio during shoots. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts