Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I'm not really pregnant
by Anonymous
February 1, 2013 at 9:42 PM

I don't know how this has gotten so out of hand. My husband and I have been trying for over a year. I've been taking some magic little pills to help things along for the past 4 months. I had a miscarriage 2 months ago. 

Two weeks ago I was excited to tell my husband that I bought his favorite ice cream and I came up to him all smiles and said "guess what?"

He grabbed me and hugged me. He was so happy, because he assumed we were pregnant again. I don't know what came over me but I said that I was. I think I was secretly hoping that in a few days when I went to test, I actually would be, but I'm not.

We said we weren't going to tell anyone yet, but he blabbed to a couple of my friends husbands and now we are supposed to be telling our family on valentine's day.

How did I let it get so out of hand. I didn't mean to lie and I didn't know it would get so big so fast. I told him that we have an appointment next week for an ultrasound.

Do I just fake another miscarriage at this point? I really don't know what else to do to save face.

Replies

• LetoLiebe
    February 2, 2013 at 6:43 AM

Tell him the truth. You can work it out, hopefully, and the marriage will survive and you can try again knowing there are no lies and secrets between you. Good luck.

• Blue_Spiral
    February 2, 2013 at 6:46 AM

Damn...

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 2, 2013 at 6:48 AM

You either need to put on your big girl panties and tell him the truth or do what some others have suggested and say it was a false positive.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 2, 2013 at 6:48 AM
    Honestly.. I'd lie.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 2, 2013 at 6:49 AM

Time to tell the truth

SMH...Cannot believe some people let lies like that explode. I feel bad for DH

• noholdingback
    February 2, 2013 at 6:49 AM
    False positive!!! Went to the ultrasound, and found out you weren't pregnant. Sorry bout your luck boo.
  • 3xangel
    by 3xangel
    February 2, 2013 at 7:00 AM
    This. Wtf is wrong with some of you women?

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

Tell him the truth.  If you can't tell the man you chose to spend the rest of your life with the truth.....about anything......there's something wrong there.

Tell him the truth. Let him process it.   Let the cards fall where they may.

• la_bella_vita
    February 2, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I would tell him the truth but if you are not brave enough to do that, say it was a false positive and you were scared to tell him becuase you didn't want to hurt his feelings. DO NOT say it was a miscarriage and do not try and pretend you are still pregnant. That's just plain crazy.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts