Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
TheQueenOfChaos
Show off your rings (and your story!) :)
February 1, 2013 at 9:35 PM

An S/O of the recent engagement post, let's all share our rings and your engagement story :)

I actually didn't get this ring right away. The ring my DH proposed with belonged to my Nana. Unfortunately the ring is very very old and the stone was really loose. The jeweler said because the stone was hand cut the shape it was they couldn't reform the ring to make it tight fitting again, so they would have to put it in a new setting. I want to keep her ring the way it is, so it's safe in a jewelry box and we bought this as a set.

Anyway, our engagement was Feb 13 2011. We both had to work on V-day so we went out the night before to enjoy some time together. We went to see an early movie and then went to a Hibachi restaurant. Because it was later in the evening and a Sunday, the hibachi area of the restaurant was completely empty. Dinner was awesome, and then we had dessert come. Usually we never get dessert and I hadn't ordered it, so I was confused. There were two little cakes and a heart of whipped cream drawn around it. In the very center of the plate was my ring.

He asked, I said yes, and the rest is history :)

We planned our wedding for May 2012, but in June we had a fantastic miracle when, after 3 doctors said a second pregnancy would be impossible, I learned we were expecting our YDD. We were funding our own wedding and putting out 15k+ just 3 months after a baby was born seemed illogical. So we had a small $2000 wedding on July 30 2011, family and close friends only, and we put that money where it needed to go, into a house for our growing family. Life has been amazing since :)

Replies

• dfournier0922
    February 1, 2013 at 9:39 PM

The main ring was my mothers. The ring was given to her by a man that died. My husband proposed at a stop light. He had no ring. I didn't get get main ring until after the 1st year. The second ring I got was just a few months ago.
  • Sam.Marie
    February 1, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Hubby didn't have a ring when he proposed. We got the ring a month later.
  • Readyforbaby2
    February 1, 2013 at 9:43 PM

I ended up not marrying this guy, but damn I was so in love with this ring. The guy however was a complete douche...

• CrimsonRose01
    February 1, 2013 at 9:48 PM
    I don't have a pic on my phone, but my husband was in Tech school for the military when he proposed, so it was over the phone lol. I had two months to plan a wedding that would take place in another state. I got my ring and a "real" proposal the night before our wedding in front of my family and his family when we all went out to dinner.
  • Simple-Beauty
    February 1, 2013 at 9:51 PM
    Brb with pic
  • TiffanyRose06
    February 1, 2013 at 9:53 PM
    My ring was lost last month while I had the flu and we were moving :(

We left walmart, he opened the car door for me and I got in. He got down on his knee right there and asked me to marry him

And before anyone calls that trashy, we both work at walmart, its where we met and met up for our first date. It was wonderful
  • TheQueenOfChaos
    February 1, 2013 at 9:57 PM

I'm sorry about your ring :(

Quoting TiffanyRose06:

My ring was lost last month while I had the flu and we were moving :(

We left walmart, he opened the car door for me and I got in. He got down on his knee right there and asked me to marry him

And before anyone calls that trashy, we both work at walmart, its where we met and met up for our first date. It was wonderful

• momtolittleg
    February 1, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Just got mine cleaned today!

we got engaged in Charleston, SC, at the rooftop bar (which was closed) of the fabulous Market Pavilion Hotel, on our 1 year dating anniversary. We got married exactly 1 year later. DH had taken me to a concert that night (not gonna say who) and we had also traveled to Savannah, GA earlier in our trip. Fun fact- our DD's first name is Savannah!

• momtolittleg
    February 1, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Quoting Readyforbaby2:

I ended up not marrying this guy, but damn I was so in love with this ring. The guy however was a complete douche...

That is gorgeous!  Did u keep it?

• Readyforbaby2
    February 1, 2013 at 10:09 PM
    Thank you! He told me I could keep it so I put it in my jewelry box and the fucker broke in and took it back, while I was at work.

Quoting momtolittleg:

Quoting Readyforbaby2:

That is gorgeous!  Did u keep it?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN