Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
MOMs With Winter Babies
by Anonymous
February 1, 2013 at 8:13 PM

What are some things you did that you feel helped prevent them from getting sick? I have a newborn and am so afraid of her getting sick sick. I keep her covered while out in public and don't let strangers hold her she got minimal breast milk in hospital due to complications but she did get some. Also if I got my flu shot while pregnant doesn't that help her immune system?

Replies

• Ms.KitKat
    February 1, 2013 at 8:35 PM

I had 2 winter babies. I stayed home- alot! I also limited visitors. I went a bit stir-crazy and got some serious cabin fever. I set up the stroller and would take "walks" inside LOL

When we did have to go out- I put those little mittens on my baby's hands. for some weird reason- people love to touch and hold baby's hands. What is UP with that?! That would drive me nuts. Whenever the temp got to be 40, I would bundle them up and take walks outside. By the time they were 3 months, I felt a little better about bringing them out more- and then the spring came.

• Ninjascreenname
    February 1, 2013 at 8:41 PM
    Don't stay in!!!! I did with my oldest and he stayed sick all the time.

Quoting Anonymous:

I haven't either i haven't even let my c section keep me home with appointments and a toddler we have to much to do we can't just sit at home

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

No on the flu shot and I didn't stay home with them after I had them. I'm the minority but I haven't ever let having a newborn slow me down.

• mommybug77
    February 1, 2013 at 8:43 PM
    I have 3 winter babies. I made sure to wash my hands more. I didn't let people I knew were sick around them. I also didn't let them be passed around like rag dolls, was the same way with my summer girl too.
  • PhoenixsMommy10
    February 1, 2013 at 8:45 PM
    I kept him warm.

Other than that I didn't do anything special. We went out in public all the time.
  • caito
    by caito
    February 1, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Eh, we stayed at home a lot. She was fine.

• MalakbelLacuna
    February 1, 2013 at 8:48 PM
    nothing really
    I had my son on the 18th of December and we were out Christmas shopping two days later. he was fine.
  • sarahsmommy508
    February 1, 2013 at 8:48 PM
    i took her minimal places and just lysol the crap out everything
  • brittany208
    February 1, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Mine was a summer baby but I breastfed and made everyone wash their hands before holding him for the first month. I would do the same with a winter baby, but probably just have people hold him less because in the winter people are sick more often and may be sick but not showing symptoms yet. But I wasn't overly worried about it.

• Anonymous 7
    by Anonymous 7
    February 1, 2013 at 8:51 PM
    Hopefully not the flu mist?

Quoting 4kids4tara:

The only people allowed around my newborn winter kids had to have their flu shots. I also tried to keep them indoors and everybody had to wash their hands. Lysoling TV remotes, phones, door knobs etc also helped. My winter baby is 13 months and (knock on wood) has only been sick once.

• SillySally83
    February 1, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I used a ton of hand sanitizer. I never touched anything at the grocery store without cleaning it after my first baby got RSV from a shopping trip. No one touched her or anything, but I assume I picked it up on the cart handle or a product.

The only reason I know it was from that trip is because we hadn't been anywhere else and no one had come to visit, my husband hadn't been back to work yet and we hadn't come into contact with anything that could have been contaminated until we went to the store.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts