Mom Confessions

hootowl21
Do you have "cleaning music"??
February 1, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Usually when I'm cleaning or cooking in the kitchen I listen to pandora. Most of the time it's the Beatles station. Today Creedence Clearwater Revival came on and my DD asked "mom is that your dish music?"...I was doing the dishes. Lol.

Music always motivates me. Without it I can't really get anything done.

Replies

• hootowl21
    February 1, 2013 at 6:15 PM
    Ottis redding :)

Not all "upbeat" but even the slow stuff is fun to sing too. Lol

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

Upbeat 50's and 60's is my cleaning music :)
  • mackiebugsmom
    February 1, 2013 at 6:17 PM
    90's, pink, alanis morissette, eminem..
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 1, 2013 at 6:18 PM
    I listen to what's on my phone... It's mostly Eric church and pink, but some michael buble thrown in too. Lol
    But I have to have head phones in. I can't focus on anything including homework unless I drown everything out with music.
  • JennyCaps
    February 1, 2013 at 6:20 PM
    Yes I always listen to music while cleaning. When the kids are with me I listen to Pandora's Glee station. When it is just me I listen to The Amity Affliction.
  • StrangeDays
    February 1, 2013 at 6:21 PM
    Depending what I have to do, my "playlist" usually consists of Primus, Mr. Bungle, Reel Big Fish and Queen.

Sometimes, when I have to get really motivated, I'll listen to Catch 22, NoFx and Streetlight Manifesto.

And mild cleaning days requires The Beatles, The Doors and Jack Johnson :)
  • Mrs.Bolin
    February 1, 2013 at 6:22 PM

My husband built me a sound sytem in my kitchen and bought me a wireless devise that i can use to change the music on my phone without it being plugged up to the speakers and amp. i usually listen to rock or select R&B on crappy Pandora or i heart radio. I love pandora but i hat how much distortion is in the music

• Pooobaihr
    February 1, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Yes I do.

I either turn on some old school r&b or Japanese Rock.

• myideasaretaken
    February 1, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Any Classic Rock or Blues... XM stations on satellite get played a lot.  Sometimes I'll use my phone and I have playlists for Grace Potter, Bob Dylan, Eagles, Lil Wayne, Daniela Cotton, Sam Cooke, Merle Haggard, Miranda Lambert... a big ole mix of everything really

• AtillaTheHun
    February 1, 2013 at 6:26 PM
    He is an exception to the fact :) Love his songs!

Quoting hootowl21:

Ottis redding :)

Not all "upbeat" but even the slow stuff is fun to sing too. Lol

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

Upbeat 50's and 60's is my cleaning music :)
  • ImNotKarl
    February 1, 2013 at 6:39 PM

I like to listen to everything. I have Pandora or Spotify on all day. I literally listen to almost everything, so I just set them to shuffle. Though, when I'm baking I prefer jazz.

Mom Confessions