Mom Confessions

Anonymous
I have foodstamps and wouldn't need them if...
by Anonymous
February 1, 2013 at 9:58 AM

They didn't take so much out of DH's check each week....We are a family of 5 and get 250 a month in food stamps, however I figured out last night if the IRS did not take out roughly 462.00 a month from DH's paycheck we would do just find and not need any help!!!

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 1, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Excuses, excuses. Plenty of people pay the same taxes and do just fine.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 1, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Please.

I don't believe you. If you are low enough income to get fs you don't have $462 a months coming out in FEDERAL taxes. Maybe that is how much is taken out in federal taxes (that you get back and then some) at the end of the year, fica, and insurance payments. Maybe.

Don't blame others for your financial issues.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 1, 2013 at 10:20 AM

The you need to adjust your witholding. I highly doubt that much comes out of his paycheck if you are low income, as you are supposed to be to get any PA.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 1, 2013 at 10:24 AM
    Something is wrong if they take that much out. Fs aren't based on take home pay, so you're still low income enough to qualify. You could, you know, get a damn job......
  • s.osborne
    February 1, 2013 at 10:27 AM

HA! Nice.

Quoting Anonymous:

Something is wrong if they take that much out. Fs aren't based on take home pay, so you're still low income enough to qualify. You could, you know, get a damn job......

• myloves.050709

haha, all the anonymous claws come out!

Not on food stamps but my dh has a lot of money taken out of his check.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

They take out about 400 a week in my DH's checks and somehow we still manage to pay for our own food!  Maybe you could go get a job and use that money for food....cue the excuses why you can't work now!

• cmabbott
    February 1, 2013 at 10:29 AM

My DH makes a little over 50K annually, claims zero and gets less than that taken out! 

ETA: We are also a family of 5. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Please.

I don't believe you. If you are low enough income to get fs you don't have $462 a months coming out in FEDERAL taxes. Maybe that is how much is taken out in federal taxes (that you get back and then some) at the end of the year, fica, and insurance payments. Maybe.

Don't blame others for your financial issues.

• salviniata23
    February 1, 2013 at 10:34 AM

it sucks how soo many people can be soo cruel, im sorry hunny about that, but that's alot of money that shouldnt be taxed on...weird in a sense too....i understand the whole situation thou. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 1, 2013 at 10:36 AM
    This or start working. If that amount in taxed is what put you on FS then a second income should give you enough money to get off PA.

Quoting Anonymous:

The you need to adjust your witholding. I highly doubt that much comes out of his paycheck if you are low income, as you are supposed to be to get any PA.

Mom Confessions