Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Trusting your child with a child molester
by Anonymous
January 31, 2013 at 8:55 PM

My grandfather molested my mother for many years of her childhood. He went to prison and did his court ordered therapy. The family believes he has changed, My aunts and uncles even let my cousins stay at my grandparents when they were little. And now that I have children of my own I cringe at the thought of him holding them let alone letting my helpless children stay for overnights. Do you believe child molesters can change? Would you ever trust one?

Replies

• chickensmommy
    January 31, 2013 at 8:57 PM
    Never. Never ever. Once a predator, always a predator.
  • ttriddick
    Nope. Sorry. Just couldn't. And it was his own daughter on top of that? No frickin way.
  • pce68
    by pce68

No I would never trust a child molester with my dd. I think you are right to be nervous about him being around your kids.

• LectioDivina
    January 31, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Not in a million years

• ACDC_fan
    January 31, 2013 at 8:58 PM

nope. nope nope nope.
    I'd have no problem telling them they aren't allowed in my child's life. I do not believe they ever really change. nope. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 31, 2013 at 8:59 PM
    This.

My husband's father is a sex offender and he still chases young women (twenties), and he's in his 50s.

He's never and will never be around our children.

Quoting chickensmommy:

Never. Never ever. Once a predator, always a predator.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous

Hell no. A known and convicted molester or sexual predator any sort will never be trusted alone with my child.

• mich.el.le

Do I believe they can change? Maybe. BUT I would never trust my child with one. Imo, part of changing is knowing you can't trust yourself to not be tempted so you simply don't put yourself in that situation-i.e. having young children with you alone.

• AubreeGrace17

No, I don't and I would not.

• Jessy613
    January 31, 2013 at 9:00 PM

NEVER.

EVER.

EVER.

Mom Confessions