Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
dian0243
Classic American Spanking--f/u on "what were you spanked with."
January 31, 2013 at 1:40 PM

There was a recent thread here asking what you were spanked with growing up. It seemed to me that the vast majority described events that I would not consider a spanking--but a beating. Saying " i was spanked with whatever mom could grab" was familier response. These sound like sudden violent events, rather than loving discipline.

When I was growing up, I received what I believe is considered the classic  american spanking.  My calm mother would take me across her knee, and spank my bare bottom--usually with her hand, but sometimes with a wooden spoon or wooden harirbrush. Regardless of your opinion on the effecacy or appropriateness of this punishment, it was absolutely done with love. My transgression and reasons for punishment were carefully explained, there was a hug and forgivenss afterwards. 

Am I correct, that this was so unusual? Was anyone else spanked this way?

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    January 31, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I feel dirty all of a sudden...

• Josie_P
    by Josie_P
    January 31, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I was only spanked with hands. My mom didn't believe in hitting children with belts or objects. She always thought she could get her point across without grabbing something crazy, like a broom (a friend of mine got hit with brooms). Her hits never stopped hurting as I got older, too LOL!

• redneckmama4
    January 31, 2013 at 1:44 PM
    Nope, usually it was out of anger, anywhere.

We don't spank at all.
  • Ecoseem
    by Ecoseem
    January 31, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Nobody ever spanked me, I grew up being the boss of the house.  I think I would have really benifited from being spanked at least a few times.  If I didn't want what was for dinner, I bullied my mom into making something else, for  as long as I can remember.   She would try talking to me, or explaining things, and I knew there were no real consequences so I just did whatever.

• jtsmommie0104
    January 31, 2013 at 1:46 PM

My parents didn't spank me. They took things away from me.

• Aislinn
    by Aislinn
    January 31, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I was never spanked.

• ALXtheg8
    January 31, 2013 at 1:48 PM
    Hands, belts, wooden spoons.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 31, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I wish I got that kind of "spanking", it would have hurt less than my father's backhand or his shoe'd foot connecting with my ass or his fist connecting with my face. It definitely would have hurt less than than that time my face got slammed into the steering wheel or the whip lash I would get from his hand slamming into the back of my head. I didn't particularly like my step-monster ripping my hair out or clobbering me in the forehead with the phone either. I didn't get "spanked" often (4-5 times a year), but when I did, it was bad!!

• JavaLadybug2

I was spanked the same way redneckmama4 suggested.. In anger with all sorts of weapons of punishment.. 

However I now spank my sons.. Just like you described.. Over the knees with my hand or on rare occasions with a flat wooden spoon. I explain why they are going to be spanked.. Administer the spanking.. Then ask them to give me an explanation of why they were spanked and what they were spanked for ex the offense... And then I hug them and tell them I love you and want you to grow up to be responsible and not do things that will hurt you or others.. 

• RaynesMommy07
    I was sparked twice as a child and I deserved it. I scared the shit out of my mom and she popped me twice on my clothed bottom with her hand. She wasn't angry but scared. We spank in our home as a very last resort. No objects, no taking pants down. Just a swift pop on the bottom with our hand.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN