Mom Confessions

Anonymous
I'm dependant on my husband, so what
by Anonymous
January 31, 2013 at 12:06 PM
First let me say, although I am a sahm I have a great degree, I am completely capable of getting a job and taking over financially if god forbid something were to happen to dh. I was raised in a family where not going to college wasn't an option. I worked full time right out of school, I worked after getting married, it wasn't until dd was born that I decided to stay home.

I love being home. I dont worry about bills. My dd never has to go to daycare, I am able to teach her and I feel that's an advantage because she is already doing things most children her age can't do. My family has a home cooked meal every night. I am able to keep up on housework and to me all of these thing interest me WAY more than being a working mom.

Unfortunately I feel that people, even my own family members, feel that I am not doing something useful/ beneficial for myself. They are always asking, so when are you going back to work, or are you going to continue your education?......when? I feel like screaming, why isn't taking care of my family a good enough answer. My priority is family, and I think that's a pretty damn important job. After I am done having kids and they are old enough that they don't need me 24/7 then yes maybe I will return to work/school, but that's not for awhile and I wish everyone would just leave me alone about it.

Also, I am not an anti pa mom but for the record we are not on any assistance and we are by no means struggling.

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 31, 2013 at 12:57 PM
    Do you plan on only having one child?
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 31, 2013 at 1:00 PM
    As of right now I am on the fence, its not time to make that decision yet but if I had to guess I would say we will have at least one more.

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 31, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I had a career for 15 years, then I decided to stay home.  It was so weird to me, at first.  At the time, my youngest was less than a year old and the older two were in school.  I was so bored and felt like I wasn't contributing.  I felt weird about spending money.  Like you, I left a career.  My income was significant and I felt guilty about being at home playing with the baby when I could be contributing - even though money was not something that we were worried about as hubby was making plenty.  

Maybe they don't understand, like I didn't.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 31, 2013 at 1:01 PM
    Okay, may I ask how old you dd is?

Quoting Anonymous:

As of right now I am on the fence, its not time to make that decision yet but if I had to guess I would say we will have at least one more.

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 31, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I just wish people would mind their own business and worry about their own life.Unfortunately that isn't how life is.People seem to have a need to tell you what you should do and how you should live when you're perfectly happy with your life as is.Maddening,isn't it? You seem to really have it all together and you and your family are well and happy.If others have some strange compulsion to butt in and get too nosey about something that absolutely should not concern them at all,then that's their problem.Just keep on living your life,smile at them,and let their comments slide off your back like water.

• Anonymous
    January 31, 2013 at 1:04 PM
    I do. Time management is something that is extremely important in anyone's life, mothers especially! All moms, working or stay at home have a difficult job. It takes organization and a.game plan everyday to make it work. If you lack those things all hell can and will break loose lol

Quoting SusieQue717:

I have plenty of time to focus on it, from the time I walk into the house, to the time I walk out the next morning. If someone doesn't know how to manage their time and get that stuff done, believe me that if they were a SAHM, it'd be the same way, and the excuse would be that they had to take care of the kids all day... You know what I mean? 

Quoting Anonymous:

I wasn't really implying that all working mothers have a dirty home and microwave their kids meals. It's just something I feel I have more time to focus on.

Quoting SusieQue717:

I am a full time working mother, and my family has a home cooked breakfast and dinner every day. I also live in a spotless home. I don't see what one thing has to do with the other? If you manage your time right, they can have the same things. My kids have a nanny, so they don't go to daycare either. 

• Anonymous
    January 31, 2013 at 1:05 PM
    7 months

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous
    January 31, 2013 at 1:07 PM
    Thanks, that was a good little pep talk lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

I just wish people would mind their own business and worry about their own life.Unfortunately that isn't how life is.People seem to have a need to tell you what you should do and how you should live when you're perfectly happy with your life as is.Maddening,isn't it? You seem to really have it all together and you and your family are well and happy.If others have some strange compulsion to butt in and get too nosey about something that absolutely should not concern them at all,then that's their problem.Just keep on living your life,smile at them,and let their comments slide off your back like water.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 31, 2013 at 1:08 PM
    Oh okay, I thought when you homework, that she must he school aged and then thought maybe in their minds, a mom with children who are in school all day don't need their mom to sit at home, especially with only having one child. If she's only 7 months, then I don't get their issue.

Quoting Anonymous:

7 months

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

• ANSLUASI
    January 31, 2013 at 1:10 PM

In my family, we all depend on each other. Currently, DH works crazy hard at a farm manager job that he loves and I depend on his earnings to provide for our needs. He depends on me to provide the stability and comfort at home that he needs at the end of a long day, and to be our DD's primary caregiver.

We both have professional experience and degrees in agriculture, so I also tend to serve as the person he problem solves with about his job, and also the one he kicks around new ideas with. He's a one man show for most of the year since he has an absentee boss and only seasonal employees, so I am often his go to person for discussions and support. If other farm wives are reading this, I bet you know what I am talking about:) Farming is such an involved career choice that it tends to engulf a huge amount of family life. I also handle making all of the jam and baking mixes that they sell at their seasonal farm store, so I am sort of the behind the scenes support staff in many ways. Works for us:)

Mom Confessions