Mom Confessions

Anonymous
I'm dependant on my husband, so what
by Anonymous
January 31, 2013 at 12:06 PM
First let me say, although I am a sahm I have a great degree, I am completely capable of getting a job and taking over financially if god forbid something were to happen to dh. I was raised in a family where not going to college wasn't an option. I worked full time right out of school, I worked after getting married, it wasn't until dd was born that I decided to stay home.

I love being home. I dont worry about bills. My dd never has to go to daycare, I am able to teach her and I feel that's an advantage because she is already doing things most children her age can't do. My family has a home cooked meal every night. I am able to keep up on housework and to me all of these thing interest me WAY more than being a working mom.

Unfortunately I feel that people, even my own family members, feel that I am not doing something useful/ beneficial for myself. They are always asking, so when are you going back to work, or are you going to continue your education?......when? I feel like screaming, why isn't taking care of my family a good enough answer. My priority is family, and I think that's a pretty damn important job. After I am done having kids and they are old enough that they don't need me 24/7 then yes maybe I will return to work/school, but that's not for awhile and I wish everyone would just leave me alone about it.

Also, I am not an anti pa mom but for the record we are not on any assistance and we are by no means struggling.

Replies

• JerseyAirGurl
    January 31, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Good for you... Whatever works 

• lil_momma_vdv
    January 31, 2013 at 12:10 PM
    Yea my man supports my lazy ass, our girls are spoiled and he wouldn't want it any other way!!!
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 31, 2013 at 12:11 PM
    See?? This girl gets it...lol thank you

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

• NoahandEliza
    January 31, 2013 at 12:11 PM
    I'm with you. I don't need a job that I don't love just to feel important or useful. Having a career or not doesn't define who I am. My topics of conversation are not limited to floor mopping and poopie diapers, I'm still the same person with the same intelligence level as I was before I became a sahm. Thankfully, my family is supportive.
  • VannaMae307
    January 31, 2013 at 12:12 PM

If that works for your family then it doesnt matter what outsiders say. Do what is best for you, you will never be able to please everyone all at once.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 31, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Cool?

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 31, 2013 at 12:13 PM
    I'll be the first to admit A LOT of my conversation do consist of the above topics lol. But it doesn't mean I'm unintelligent. Haha.

Quoting NoahandEliza:

I'm with you. I don't need a job that I don't love just to feel important or useful. Having a career or not doesn't define who I am. My topics of conversation are not limited to floor mopping and poopie diapers, I'm still the same person with the same intelligence level as I was before I became a sahm. Thankfully, my family is supportive.

• JerseyAirGurl
    January 31, 2013 at 12:14 PM

I use to joke that once I got my masters I want to be a SAHM... My friends were like what is the point. I said so my kid can be taught by the genius aka me lol. I get you.

Quoting Anonymous:

See?? This girl gets it...lol thank you

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

• macbudsmom

Sounds like you are doing well.  I always say you should have a secondary education and/or a career before having children so that you will be ok if you are left to fend for yourself and your children.  Sounds like you have done that so more power to you.  Enjoy this time with your kids.  = )

• BettyBoop8

I think it is fabulous that you are able to live the way that you want to and you are happy.  People really need to mind their own business and respect the choices that others make for their families.

Mom Confessions