Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Can you be engaged to a married man even though...
by Anonymous
January 31, 2013 at 11:33 AM

He is still married and the divorce has not been finalized yet. Can I still call him my fiancé or boyfriend until everything goes through?

Replies

• peanutsmommy1
    January 31, 2013 at 11:34 AM

It isn't a legal definition, I guess you can call him whatever you want

• banana-bear
    January 31, 2013 at 11:35 AM
    And you're with him, why? I wouldn't waste my time with a married guy.
  • edelweiss23
    January 31, 2013 at 11:35 AM
    Slowly backs out of post
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 31, 2013 at 11:37 AM

You can call him whatever you want but good luck having anyone NOT look down on you for doing so seeing as how he is still legally married to another woman and until their divorce is finalized you won't be getting anywhere close to marrying him.

• HezekiahsMom07
    January 31, 2013 at 11:38 AM
    Turning around.... walking away ...
  • M.I.A...P.O.W
    January 31, 2013 at 11:39 AM

You are gonna have a bunch of people tell ya hell no but I thik it is a personal preference. I call my SO that when introducing him in public because that is what he is. We plan to get married when my divorce is final. An engagment is not a legal bidding filed in court thing.

Quoting Anonymous:

He is still married and the divorce has not been finalized yet. Can I still call him my fiancé or boyfriend until everything goes through?

• jacandjay
    Yea good luck with this one
  • MissMysteriouss
    Yep. If he asked you to marry him and you have a ring. You are as much engaged as any one else.

Sometimes it takes years for a divorce to be finalized.
  • Roxygurl
    I suppose. that would be a discussion between you two, that's not something we here at cm can decide for you.
  • happinessforyou

As was previously stated-you can call him whatever you like. But for me- I would reserve the "Fiance" title until he is legally free to be one! GL

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts