Mom Confessions

Anonymous
I need to lose 60 lbs, where do I start? Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by Anonymous
January 31, 2013 at 1:10 AM

I feel hopeless, I feel like Im a lost cause, any advice? I was going to get a gym membership, but how often would I have to go in order to lose weight? And Im breastfeeding.....................

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 31, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Bump

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 31, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Bump

• MommieSDW
    January 31, 2013 at 1:27 AM

Going clean worked for me when I was breastfeeding. I didn't cut my calories painfully low for milk production but cutting soda and sugar and eating lots of fresh veggies and lean meats plus lots of walking did the trick, you just gotta really stick with it for a bit. Don't cheat until you see some real progress.

• kmjmlj
    by kmjmlj
    January 31, 2013 at 1:28 AM
    Drink more water especially before you eat that way you feel fuller. Go for a walk and each day pick up the faster and a little longer.
  • kelly617

Start taking a multi vitamin and Super B Complex (you can get it at walmart or rite aid easy to find)

I started taking those and didn't change my diet at all...I've lost 15lbs in about 6wks
    The super b helps with your metabolism and you'd be surprised how people "hold onto weight" because they are lacking in certain vitamins...as soon as they start getting the nutrients they need their body starts "actin right"

GOOD LUCK!

• crzy4mc
    by crzy4mc
    I lost weight with myfitnesspal
  • mamalusbear
    January 31, 2013 at 1:29 AM

I'd start with portion control, just go slow.  Eliminate the unhealthy foods from your diet slowly...it takes time to change your eating habits.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 31, 2013 at 1:31 AM
    I lost 50lbs last year, I stuck to a 1200 calorie diet, a bunch of small meals throughout the day and no eating after 7pm. Also did cardio (mainly zumba) 3-4 times a week, starting at 30 mins and worked my way up to 60 mins.
    Good luck!!

*eta* i used the myfitnesspal app on my phone and it HELPED a lot!
  • KyrinM
    by KyrinM
    January 31, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Weight Watchers!

• Not_A_Native
    January 31, 2013 at 1:34 AM

It depends on what your diet is like now.

For sure, cut out soda, sweetened tea, anything like that.  Sweets, in general.  Drink lots of plain water - at least the 8 eight oz glasses a day., probably more since you're breastfeeding.

Lots of veggies - steamed is good.  Less carbs and very few if any simple carbs (no white bread, white rice, and so on).  Lean protein.  Nonfat milk to drink.

And exercise is good.  If you're not used to it, start slow.  A class is good, especially a post natal one if you can find one in the area. A gym membership is good, but you really need to build it into your daily schedule.  And cardio - swimming, or biking, or running - for at least 1/2 hour a day, 5 days a week.  It's easier especially in the winter to do this inside - and if the gym has childcare, all the better.

Mom Confessions