Mom Confessions

Anonymous
going to lose it!!
by Anonymous
January 31, 2013 at 12:16 AM
So sunday night i got a fairly mild tooth ache, it happens every so often, i have a horrible habit at night of clenching my teeth in my sleep so it makes me feel like i have a tooth ache the next day for a little while.. no biggy i took a little tylenol (as its one of the only things i can have since I'm pregnant) dabbed a little orajel on andwent to bed. monday wasn't any better it was much worse... well i thought my dental insurance fiscal yr restarted in feb so i figured i would just wait it out til feb 1 to go because insurance is maxed out. well it got worse, way worse i was up constantly through out the night and orajel only worked for a max of 20 minutes and tylenol didn't do a thing.. tuesday was really really bad, i was in tears a good portion of the day the pain was beyond intense so i called my ob explained the dental insurance issue and asked for meds to hold me over, so he wrote me a script for penicillin and tylenol with codeine (sp?) Took them and 2 hours later the pain hadn't lessened any, of course the entire time i was trying to think of a way to see a dentist, finally it occured to me we have a credit card specifically for dental/medical that i saved for emergencies such as this so i called and found someone willing to see me and they had an appointment open an hr from the call so i went in, turns out i have an exposed nerve. my only options are to extract or root canal and cap, which is $160 vs $2200... honestly there isn't much of a choice, we don't have the $2200 for it :( (if we could find a way to claim what we paid for dhs tuition on taxes we could afford it since we have a portion of it of but we can't) Nd i found out the fiscal year is actually may not feb
Well today i saw my doctor and filled him in on the situation let him know I'm scheduled for next week for the extraction so he offered me stronger pain meds to hold me.over til the penicillin kicked in... well I've taken 3 doses so far and it hasn't touched the pain, the numbing stuff i had hasn't worked, I'm exhausted from lack of sleep because of the pain, today i can't even bite down without getting nauseous from the amount of pain and i just want a little relief even for a little while before i go insane from pain and feeling so helpless with it!

Just a vent i guess to try to keep myself busy since i can't fall asleep :/

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 31, 2013 at 12:24 AM
    Wow that ended up being a lot longer than i thought....
  • Anonymous
    January 31, 2013 at 12:36 AM
    Oh and my jaw is extremely. sore from not being able to bite down or fully close my mouth
  • notabosley
    January 31, 2013 at 12:45 AM
    That sucks, glad you are getting it treated soon. Hope you feel better momma.
  • Anonymous
    January 31, 2013 at 12:47 AM
    Thanks, really hoping tomorrow is better even a little... i feel even worse cause this week i haven't done any crafts or outtings with the kids cause I've just been exhausted, crying and in pain.... hopefully this weekend I'm feeling much better so we can do something special to make up for it :)

Quoting notabosley:

That sucks, glad you are getting it treated soon. Hope you feel better momma.

• chas1217
    January 31, 2013 at 12:48 AM

That sucks, sorry momma. Toothaches are the worst. Hope you start feeling better!

• Kc0001
    by Kc0001
    January 31, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Poor thing, I feel like insurance is such a scam.

• bustybee
    January 31, 2013 at 12:51 AM

I'm sorry. i have lost 4 teeth due to pregnancy (1 from the current and 3 from the last one) thankfully they were only baby molars that would have had to be removed anyways but I understand your pain. have you tried a salt water rinse?

• Anonymous
    January 31, 2013 at 12:57 AM
    Thanks, this is my first legit tooth ache and idt I've ever felt this crappy or hurt this much. i literally called my mom at work yesterday hysterically crying cause i felt like i was going insane from helplessness and pain... I've never not been able to ease pain before so its driving me nuts even more

Quoting chas1217:

That sucks, sorry momma. Toothaches are the worst. Hope you start feeling better!

• Anonymous
    January 31, 2013 at 12:58 AM
    I think were paying like $30/month for dental insurance? and the annual max is around $1k or something like that... it sucks but better than nothing (when i can actually use it!!)

Quoting Kc0001:

Poor thing, I feel like insurance is such a scam.

• locaporbebe
    January 31, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Sorry, tooth pain is awful. Feel better soon.

Mom Confessions