Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
What a waste of money!
by Anonymous
January 30, 2013 at 6:18 PM
I normally don't make posts like this but I need to vent.
A girl I know (who is on welfare) went to her OB and asked for the Mirena and he prescribed it. She is now posting pictures on FB of her playing with the damn thing along with captions "playing with what is SUPPOSED to be my birth control, but oh well. I'll just say I lost it and have a new one prescribed".
All I can think is "those things are expensive and welfare covers them 100%. Why waste that money? Idiot".

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 30, 2013 at 6:28 PM
    No such thing as Mediciad here.

Quoting Anonymous:

Medicaid will deny the second one and she will have to pay.

• manda-nicole010
    January 30, 2013 at 6:30 PM

This isn't true. Medicaid will cover it. Maybe not in all states because it varies from state to state but it does cover it in may states.

Quoting momof2891:

Wow! Medicaid here in the US won't cover it. It'll cover all other ones including Implanon but not Mirena.

• jynkx
    by jynkx
    January 30, 2013 at 6:33 PM

i actually do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Want to see the photo?
    I can assure you that in Ontario you are given the package until your appointment. It was like this back in 2008 when I got one as well.
    Our OBs only keep one on hand to show his/her patients what it looks like and such.

Quoting bmw29:

Lies. LOL They don't just hand you the damn thing, they insert it before you leave. It isn't something that you can put in and out whenever.

• cheraerae
    January 30, 2013 at 6:34 PM
    There is no way she is playing with it Mirena is controlled and refrigerated plus the dr isn't allowed to let it out of the office unless inserted...so unless she yanked it herself it can't be the real thing
  • VannaMae307
    January 30, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Oh. So what SHE is doing is not what the companies had in mind, is that what the semi-rant was about?

Quoting Anonymous:

That's why patients are to keep it in the sterile package.

Quoting VannaMae307:

Umm what? That's weird. I just saw the explanation about why she has it. Again, that's weird....can't it get contaminated? Wouldn't they want to NOT have germy hands all over something that is meant for inside the cervix?

• Anonymous 1
    January 30, 2013 at 6:36 PM
    Give me a minute so I can blur her face and email it to my CM profile since I am mobile.

Quoting jynkx:

i actually do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Want to see the photo?

I can assure you that in Ontario you are given the package until your appointment. It was like this back in 2008 when I got one as well.

Our OBs only keep one on hand to show his/her patients what it looks like and such.

Quoting bmw29:

Lies. LOL They don't just hand you the damn thing, they insert it before you leave. It isn't something that you can put in and out whenever.

• Tea4Tas
    by Tea4Tas
    January 30, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Wait if you are in Canada it would be free for everyone anyhow so what was your point?

• jynkx
    by jynkx
    January 30, 2013 at 6:37 PM

ok

Quoting Anonymous:

Give me a minute so I can blur her face and email it to my CM profile since I am mobile.

Quoting jynkx:

i actually do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Want to see the photo?

Quoting bmw29:

• marihla
    by marihla
    January 30, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Where I live we pick it up ourselves from the pharmacy. The doctors here don't carry them.

Quoting -42-:

Something's not right.

I've had two of those installed and never was it in my possession. It went straight to the doctor's office.

• Anonymous 1
    January 30, 2013 at 6:40 PM
    No, our health care is free.
    We need private insurance for prescription medications, dental and vision.

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Wait if you are in Canada it would be free for everyone anyhow so what was your point?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts