Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
What a waste of money!
by Anonymous
January 30, 2013 at 6:18 PM
I normally don't make posts like this but I need to vent.
A girl I know (who is on welfare) went to her OB and asked for the Mirena and he prescribed it. She is now posting pictures on FB of her playing with the damn thing along with captions "playing with what is SUPPOSED to be my birth control, but oh well. I'll just say I lost it and have a new one prescribed".
All I can think is "those things are expensive and welfare covers them 100%. Why waste that money? Idiot".

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 30, 2013 at 6:24 PM
    She removed it fresh from the package.

Quoting jynkx:

how did she get it out?

• jynkx
    by jynkx

oh wow.  thats a lot of handling before it makes it to a vagina.

Quoting Anonymous:

Where I am from (Ontario) your OB prescribes it at an appointment. When you leave you take the prescription to the pharmacy and they special order it. After it arrives they contact you and you go and pick it up and keep it with you until your appointment to have it inserted.

Quoting HotMichMomma:

Why does she have possession of it? The doc is suppose to insert it

• VannaMae307

Umm what? That's weird. I just saw the explanation about why she has it. Again, that's weird....can't it get contaminated? Wouldn't they want to NOT have germy hands all over something that is meant for inside the cervix?

• jynkx
    by jynkx
    January 30, 2013 at 6:25 PM

seems like she never had any intention of using it properly.

Quoting Anonymous:

She removed it fresh from the package.

Quoting jynkx:

how did she get it out?

• bmw29
    by bmw29

Lies. LOL They don't just hand you the damn thing, they insert it before you leave. It isn't something that you can put in and out whenever.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

Medicaid will deny the second one and she will have to pay.

• Anonymous
    That's why patients are to keep it in the sterile package.

Quoting VannaMae307:

Umm what? That's weird. I just saw the explanation about why she has it. Again, that's weird....can't it get contaminated? Wouldn't they want to NOT have germy hands all over something that is meant for inside the cervix?

• momof2891
    January 30, 2013 at 6:26 PM
    Wow! Medicaid here in the US won't cover it. It'll cover all other ones including Implanon but not Mirena.
  • ajrjj05
    by ajrjj05
    January 30, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Mirena doesn't that go inside?!

• Anonymous
    January 30, 2013 at 6:28 PM
    Want to see the photo?
    I can assure you that in Ontario you are given the package until your appointment. It was like this back in 2008 when I got one as well.
    Our OBs only keep one on hand to show his/her patients what it looks like and such.

Quoting bmw29:

Lies. LOL They don't just hand you the damn thing, they insert it before you leave. It isn't something that you can put in and out whenever.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts