wage garnishment
by Anonymous
January 30, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Anyone know if you have your wage garnished if they'll take your taxes

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 30, 2013 at 4:25 PM
    I think they can take up to half just like a wage garnishment. That's what I have heard not sure if it's 100% though
  • ktwister
    January 30, 2013 at 4:26 PM

A seperate Motion/Order would have to be filed.

• Lizardannie1966
    January 30, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I don't believe they can.

I think there are only three things that can be deducted from your tax refund if is determined that it is necessary--state taxes owed, child support if it hasn't been paid and student loans if they've gone into default.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 30, 2013 at 4:28 PM
    Damnit I was hoping they would, I want my ehole cheque
  • mama2KiraEthan
    January 30, 2013 at 4:29 PM

This

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

I don't believe they can.

I think there are only three things that can be deducted from your tax refund if is determined that it is necessary--state taxes owed, child support if it hasn't been paid and student loans if they've gone into default.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    January 30, 2013 at 4:31 PM

credit card debt can be garnished from taxes.

• thatkidsmomkms
    January 30, 2013 at 4:33 PM

They can garnish your state tax refund (for states that even have state taxes) if you owe money to any state agency, even a hospital run by a state institution. Ran into that with a friend whose taxes I did last year. She kept whining to me she never got her state refund of $103 and she really really really needed the money and was I sure I filled it out right. Then she got a letter that her tax refund had been taken by the state for medical bills owed to UAMS hospital. Should have paid your bill, dumbarse. But I don't think they can garnish federal taxes for anything other than back taxes, child support, student loans, and bankruptcy.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 30, 2013 at 4:34 PM
    What about eviction? they take a lot out of my pay... hoping they would take the remaining
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    January 30, 2013 at 4:34 PM

my parents had there wages garnished because they owed taxes and couldnt pay for it...thats all i know

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    January 30, 2013 at 4:36 PM

If they dont, why dont you just pay it when you get them back?

Quoting Anonymous:

What about eviction? they take a lot out of my pay... hoping they would take the remaining

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN