Anonymous
wage garnishment
by Anonymous
January 30, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Anyone know if you have your wage garnished if they'll take your taxes

Replies

• Angelicembrace
    January 30, 2013 at 4:49 PM
    If it's from a student loan they can take all of it l. They did this with Df for 2 years..took his whole tax refund.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 30, 2013 at 4:50 PM
    Quoting LaughingTattoo:

im surprised thry waited for my pay checks then
  • imacafemomer
    January 30, 2013 at 4:50 PM
    Like who ?

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

Federal taxes can only be garnished for taxes owed for property or state , child support, and defaulted student loans. HOWEVER, a creditor can garnish your bank acct. The second the money hits it, they can withdrawl it and leave you dry

• PerfectVirgo
    January 30, 2013 at 4:51 PM
    So what's the problem?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

I did thats how I got the address
  • Shopsha0911
    January 30, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I work for an accounting firm and see it all the time. Is it an IRS wage garnishment or some the kind of garnishment?

• model1000mom
    January 30, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Yep most likely they will. (But I think it has to be a significant amount you owe.) I know banks, taxes, and even some car loan companies can request the court for your taxes be garnished also. Medical and nasic bad credit judgements like leases and such are not goin gto be given the right to garnish your taxes.

• Anonymous 1
    January 30, 2013 at 4:52 PM
    Quoting PerfectVirgo:

I still can not get a hold of anyone to pay so I dont overpay
  • Shopsha0911
    January 30, 2013 at 4:54 PM

This is just a wage garnishment not an IRS garnishment, so there should be no problem with you getting your refund. Good Luck!

Quoting Anonymous:

I have an eviction 10 years sgo thry garnish my pay checks was wandering if they would take remander from my taxes

• Anonymous 1
    January 30, 2013 at 4:55 PM
    Quoting Shopsha0911:

I work for an accounting firm and see it all the time. Is it an IRS wage garnishment or some the kind of garnishment?

not sure I hope so I dont care ahout my taxes bc I plan to use it for it anyways when if they contact me back
  • LaughingTattoo
    January 30, 2013 at 4:55 PM

They are only allowed to with drawl the money once when they get the court judgement for bank garnishment. So they wait for a large amount to be deposited....they are not allowed to come after any more money after that.

Im not sure how they know when to zap the acct....I just know they can and will. I think they must be able to tell the bank a certain amount and as soon as its deposited they withdrawl. You usually get the court judgement regarding it AFTER the fact.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

im surprised thry waited for my pay checks then

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts