Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Do you know anyone who "disappeared"?
by Anonymous
January 30, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I've been watching cold case files, disappeared, basically any crime show. I'm wondering how often people go missing and are actually never found, or are actually found alive after years. 

Bump and share your story if you have one

Replies

• mackiebugsmom
    January 30, 2013 at 9:43 PM
    We have a good family friend who's sister went missing a couple years ago. She had kids she wouldn't have left. There were searches but nobody has a clue what happened to her :(
  • Jensep
    by Jensep
    January 30, 2013 at 9:47 PM

BUMP!

• viv212
    by viv212
    January 30, 2013 at 9:51 PM
    You don't know what ever happened to her? How sad :( DV breaks my heart.

Quoting audreesmama:

No, it was her husband, the same man she came in with many times before. It was very sad. 

Quoting viv212:

:( how incredibly sad. I wonder if it was an abusive ex :(

Quoting audreesmama:

I was the GM of a restaurant. I had a server who was always really ditsy, but she was a good server and good employee. Her name was Edith. She was in her late 20's and was married with 2 children. Her husband didn't work. One day after lunch shift, we were cleaning up and my cook came into my office and said, "Hey, Edith's husband's here and she needs her tip money." This was strange because her shift ended in 2 hours, and we typically gave credit card tips at the end of the shift...it's just easier that way. I said okay, I can get them early for her, no big deal. I went up front and gave her the tip money. She was fidgeting while I was calculating and I asked if she was okay, and she said yes, she just needed her money. 

I handed it to her and went back to do my truck order. I called for her to check on her sidework about 5 minutes later and she was gone. I was pissed that she walked out. I reviewed the cameras and saw her crying, with a man's arm around her neck, a hand around her mouth as her being dragged out the front door. The restaurant was empty aside from employees, so I started screaming. We saw the man shove her in a trunk and drive off before we could even get into the parking lot. We were already on the phone with 911 and had pictures of the car. Her purse and everything were left behind.

The police arrived and took the report. They called the phone numbers we had on file, and one was disconnected and the other two said they had never heard of her. They went to the address on file, the same as on her driver's license, and the people didn't know who she was, either.

This was two years ago. She has not been found. It still haunts me, that I should have said something, I should have done something. I still cry about it, because I'm sure her fate wasn't pleasant.  

• Anonymous 40
    by Anonymous 40
    January 30, 2013 at 9:52 PM
    What year was that? I'm in Maine.

Quoting Nunyabusiness:

An old couple we knew once disappeared. They were being to northern Maine and never came back. A few weeks later they found their bodies in the woods and the car ditched several miles away. They were murdered and the killer was never caught.

• Anonymous 41
    by Anonymous 41
    January 30, 2013 at 9:53 PM

yes i do a few years back a distant cousin in texas is missing still is its sad to know people do this take people or little kids

• SC_MomofTeens
    January 30, 2013 at 9:53 PM
    Dh had a friend that disappeared about 12 years ago. He's never been found.
  • viv212
    by viv212
    January 30, 2013 at 9:54 PM
    Does he know what happened to him?

Quoting LucyHarper:

My husband disappeared for a month as a kid. 

• audreesmama

No. It is really terrible. She was such a sweetie, so quiet. I am pretty sure her marriage was abusive. There were a lot of signs, but she was an adult and there was nothing I could do. 

Quoting viv212:

You don't know what ever happened to her? How sad :( DV breaks my heart.

Quoting audreesmama:

No, it was her husband, the same man she came in with many times before. It was very sad. 

Quoting viv212:

:( how incredibly sad. I wonder if it was an abusive ex :(

Quoting audreesmama:

I was the GM of a restaurant. I had a server who was always really ditsy, but she was a good server and good employee. Her name was Edith. She was in her late 20's and was married with 2 children. Her husband didn't work. One day after lunch shift, we were cleaning up and my cook came into my office and said, "Hey, Edith's husband's here and she needs her tip money." This was strange because her shift ended in 2 hours, and we typically gave credit card tips at the end of the shift...it's just easier that way. I said okay, I can get them early for her, no big deal. I went up front and gave her the tip money. She was fidgeting while I was calculating and I asked if she was okay, and she said yes, she just needed her money. 

I handed it to her and went back to do my truck order. I called for her to check on her sidework about 5 minutes later and she was gone. I was pissed that she walked out. I reviewed the cameras and saw her crying, with a man's arm around her neck, a hand around her mouth as her being dragged out the front door. The restaurant was empty aside from employees, so I started screaming. We saw the man shove her in a trunk and drive off before we could even get into the parking lot. We were already on the phone with 911 and had pictures of the car. Her purse and everything were left behind.

The police arrived and took the report. They called the phone numbers we had on file, and one was disconnected and the other two said they had never heard of her. They went to the address on file, the same as on her driver's license, and the people didn't know who she was, either.

This was two years ago. She has not been found. It still haunts me, that I should have said something, I should have done something. I still cry about it, because I'm sure her fate wasn't pleasant.  

• imacafemomer
    My neighbors girlfriend was missing and found murdered in little pieces in her Volkswagen bus nearly 500 miles away from her home
  • layawatling
    January 30, 2013 at 9:55 PM
    Yes, Michael Dunahee.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts