Mom Confessions

Anonymous
i want to get a haircut, i have 3+ft long hair, but i still cant get rid of my dandruff its too embarressing
by Anonymous
January 30, 2013 at 3:01 PM

ive tried alot to get rid of it, my hair is 3 feet long its actually  pretty and healthy looking i dont know how though, probably because its literally always up in a bun after i wash it, but with such dandruff i dont see why its healthy,

but i cant take care of it with a baby, its all one layer and too long in my face and hes pulling it, it gets caught on everything, it needs to go!

ive had dandruff since i was a teen, tried to wash it more than usual, tried less, tried using different shampoos and different conditioners, dandruff stuff; selsun blue, head and shoulders, cheap head and shoulders, T-gel, a dandruff stuff thats medicated and made more for psoriasis on the scalp, i used them all dilidently and didnt stop using it til it was gone but still no better results.. i really want to cut my hair so its easier to manage but holy hell the salon would hate it and i would feel so uncomfortable knowing that yes its bad

Replies

• Tigress22304
    January 30, 2013 at 3:04 PM

bullshit

Go get it cut-tell them you have a dandruff issue that will NOT clear up.

My sister is 19-only got her hair cut 5x her ENTIRE LIFE. When she decided to snip,snip-she told the lady-I got a rat's nest/dandruff/knots and tangles I can't get rid of-but i wanna cut my hair off.

(she donated over 4ft of hair to locks of love) and got herself a nice mohawk :)

Since she got her hair cut off-I'm not sure what she's doing differently but the dandruff is nearly gone.

Honey-they are hair experts-I'm sure they can help you in someway. Good luck!

• babycarney08
    January 30, 2013 at 3:06 PM
    Have you gone to a dermatologist? It could b something diff than dandruff. Are you making sure your scalp is rinsed of the shampoo? My grandmother use to use mayo. Idk how that would work.
  • SterlingHeart
    January 30, 2013 at 3:06 PM

if you are upfront and tell them your situation - they will probably be more than kind and helpful 

• BrittMom2B
    January 30, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Try coconut oil for the dandruff!

• iamcafemom83
    I'm sure they will be able to work with you. The length and amount of hair could be exacerbating your problem.
  • Melissa_4

Mayo is a great moisturizer for the hair.  It's loaded with eggs, which restores shine and softness to the hair.

OP, you could donate a lot of hair to the Locks Of Love program.

• ForeverInLove
    January 30, 2013 at 3:12 PM
    I'd suggest donating to wigs for kids instead., they don't charge recipients for the wigs.
    But, go in. if you feel it will take a haircut to clear it up, then go.

I had dandruff and street I quit using shampoos for dandruff, it finally went away. I also really try to scrub my scalp, and shower every other day,(summer is more but not eating hair).

Mom Confessions