Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Teen mom's - Catylynn and Tyler
by Anonymous
January 30, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I just saw the episode where Catylynn and Tyler see their daughter with her adoptive parents for the first time in a year since her birth. I just cried like a baby! 

Have you seen it? Was it extremely sad to you?

Replies

• CorpCityGrl
    January 30, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I agree!

I can see why they continued to follow them - because of the example they set, but they are not teen parents at all.  They chose to give up their child and forfeit being parents and the whole show is supposed to serve as a tale about teen parenthood and the struggles and hardships and the sacrifices you have to go through as a teen parent. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I wish they would just move on from that couple. They grew up, their parents are jackasses, yada yada yada. It's Teen Mom. They gave up their kid for adoption. Good for them since they knew they wouldn't be able to bring her up and support her but seriously their portion in every episode is their life not their life as parents.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 30, 2013 at 3:14 PM
    Yep. Every time they come on it turns into my bathroom/grab a drink/ scratch my ass break.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

I agree!

I can see why they continued to follow them - because of the example they set, but they are not teen parents at all.  They chose to give up their child and forfeit being parents and the whole show is supposed to serve as a tale about teen parenthood and the struggles and hardships and the sacrifices you have to go through as a teen parent. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I wish they would just move on from that couple. They grew up, their parents are jackasses, yada yada yada. It's Teen Mom. They gave up their kid for adoption. Good for them since they knew they wouldn't be able to bring her up and support her but seriously their portion in every episode is their life not their life as parents.

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    January 30, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Giving up a child after birthing it would be a struggle. Its the struggles of the decision they made. Teens need to see all sides so maybe they won't be stupid and think about safe sex or better yet NO sex at all. 

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

I agree!

Quoting Anonymous:

• JBiiirdD
    January 30, 2013 at 3:17 PM
    You know, I'm going to speak as an adopted child & say: What an asshole thing to say. I think it's nice to see how they deal emotionally with their tough choice to have their daughter adopted. I like knowing there are some parents who gave their little ones up for adoption who care enough to want to keep involved in their life. I didn't have that.

Quoting Anonymous:

• fullxbusymom
    January 30, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Nope not sad at all.  It was awesome!!

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    January 30, 2013 at 3:20 PM

I think they should leave the adoptive parents and the little girl alone. They gave up their rights to the child. End of story. If they want updates and the adoptive parents are ok with that, send a pic and a letter. They dont need to be visiting the little girl. She is no longer theirs. 

• CorpCityGrl
    January 30, 2013 at 3:21 PM

I'm not saying that giving up a child isn't a struggle, but I feel that it should have been something that was separate from Teen Mom BECAUSE their struggles ARE different from a teen parent. 

The first batch of Teen Moms, with the exception of Amber, have done a good job I think in educating teens about the hazards of teen pregnancy.  Maci is a huge public speaker who constantly goes out talking about safe sex and educating teens about teen pregnancy and prevention.  However, I think that they wanted to follow Catelynn and Tyler, then they should have given them a separate platform - by having included them in the full Teen Mom series it was almost confusing in a sense and it was like the game "one of these things is not like the other."

I am in no way trivilizing what they have gone through, but I think it should have been given a different platform.  It's a separate issue and a separate decision that carries with it a different set of struggles.

Quoting Anonymous:

Giving up a child after birthing it would be a struggle. Its the struggles of the decision they made. Teens need to see all sides so maybe they won't be stupid and think about safe sex or better yet NO sex at all. 

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

I agree!

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    January 30, 2013 at 3:23 PM
    You are like 20 Seasons behind. They aren't even on the new Teen Mom 2. Old news
  • Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    January 30, 2013 at 3:24 PM
    They should've kept her if they wanted to watch her grow up.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think they should leave the adoptive parents and the little girl alone. They gave up their rights to the child. End of story. If they want updates and the adoptive parents are ok with that, send a pic and a letter. They dont need to be visiting the little girl. She is no longer theirs. 

• Anonymous 7
    by Anonymous 7
    January 30, 2013 at 3:24 PM
    It was sad in a happy way if that makes sense lol. The one episode that made me cry like a baby was the one where they gave her up. I think it was their 16&pregnant episode...it was so sad.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN