Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I know I'm being childish!
by Anonymous
January 30, 2013 at 2:31 PM

I have 2 dauhters, they are 3 years apart and are very close.  We all 3 are close, but I know there is a lot they talk about with each other that they dont' feel comfortable talking to me about.  They are adults.  It makes me feel great knowing they have each other.

My DH has a son that is an adult also, only child, and no friends.  It drives me crazy, I mean like bat shit crazy, that he calls DH 3-6 times a day for anything, everything and nothing.  Oh and add at least 50 texts a day and night!  Every work break, lunch break, he calls his father.  And DH answers no matter what we are doing, because he feels bad.  He never says "I'm busy", or "its a bad time".  Even when sometimes, it really has been.  Lately when I'm in the middle of a conversation and the phone rings, I stop talking, walk away, and I refuse to continue the conversation when he is done talking to him.  I know its childish but it pisses me off. 

My girls have tried to be close to my SS, but he just crawls further up DH 's butt. 

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 30, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Sounds like you are jealous.

• Kool_Aide
    January 30, 2013 at 2:35 PM

• AntzMom24
    January 30, 2013 at 2:37 PM

You're jealous. That's his KID. He will always come before you. 

• ttriddick
    Wow...that's pretty rude...I meant your post by the way, not your husband's son.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like you are jealous.

I will accept that observation.  I'm very close to my girls, but I put my husband first, because they are adults.  I have no problem (as long its not an emergency) telling my girls that I'm busy and will need to talk to them later. 

• GhettoKoolAide
    January 30, 2013 at 2:39 PM
    Your husband is being incredibly rude. Seeing as your his wife at some point he needs to cut cord with adult son.
  • GhettoKoolAide
    January 30, 2013 at 2:39 PM
    Adult child. He's not a kid anymore.

Quoting AntzMom24:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 30, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Quoting GhettoKoolAide:

Your husband is being incredibly rude. Seeing as your his wife at some point he needs to cut cord with adult son.

That is how I feel.  I'm not trying to be rude or sound jealous.  I am close to my SS.  He calls me mom and we get along great.  But he has friends, a girlfriend.  I know my husband gets frustrated sometimes, when the phone rings, he looks down and yells obcenities, (because he had already talked to him 5 times that day) but he wont' say anything to his son about it. 

• supercarp
    January 30, 2013 at 2:44 PM

It does the son no favors to continue to treat him as if he is 13 when he is an adult. I would be concerned for the son as well, and not necessarily jealous.

Quoting AntzMom24:

• AntzMom24
    January 30, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I missed that part. Yeah, that's a little ridiculous. I'm close to my dad, but I limit myself to talking to him to once or twice a week. He has a life and I do as well. 

Quoting GhettoKoolAide:

Adult child. He's not a kid anymore.

Quoting AntzMom24:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts