Mom Confessions

Deshonsmommy
You are a SAHM!?!?
January 30, 2013 at 12:15 PM

So what is the big deal? Yes I am a woman who does not ave a job outside of the house. I love my family to death but these conversations that we have had especially my father saying maybe you should go back to school and get back to work and my uncle tells me that I should not have my life revolve around DS only because when he grows up I won't have really done anything for myself, I might lose myself. In the beginning my mother was not thrilled to learn that her only daughter has decided to depend on her DH.

She went back to school while working and graduated with  4.0 and has been the breadwinner in the family when my SD (step-dad) decided that he did not want to be a banker anymore. I know that they are concerned for me and my well being but it can be frustrating to know they think I could be doing more or something else with my life. 

Did anyone oppose your life decisions?

Replies

• Deshonsmommy
    January 30, 2013 at 12:36 PM

BUMP!

• meangreen18
    January 30, 2013 at 12:37 PM

i love being a stay at home mom! if i want to go back to school or work i will have plemty of time to do so when my children are a little older.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 30, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Yup. My mother in law. I don't speak to her anymore.

• mary841108
    January 30, 2013 at 12:40 PM

yes ALL of dhs family. *eye roll* but he put them in their place and now we all get along great, they are just really against anything that can be deemed as "old fashioned"

• Amiehart62
    Change "you're" in the title quickly before the grammar nazis tear you apart
  • danie24
    by danie24

I love being a SAHM.

Everyone I know who isn't a SAHM would give anything to stay home with their kids and have the freedom to do whatever they want, whenever they want.

• LadyF86
    by LadyF86
    January 30, 2013 at 12:41 PM

It is always a good idea to have a back up, like a degree. You have to think about the what ifs.... What if something happens to our hubby...What if you want to leave. But there is nothing wrong with being a stay at home mommy. I wish I could!

• JNLmomme09
    January 30, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I love being home with my kids.Being home works for our family. When I worked I never saw my children or my dh. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

Yeah, I was told over and over again to go to school to get a degree to fall back on for worst case scenario situations. I didn't listen, I loved being a SAHM, and still do, but now I really wish I had because now that the worst case scenario (divorce) is happening, I'm screwed. LOL They don't mean to offend or be mean, they're looking out for you and your kiddo just in case anything ever does happen and your dh isn't able to support you anymore. :-)

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    Lol that's why I opened this... Wrong "your" OP, it should be you're. The one in the post I quoted should be your.

Quoting Amiehart62:

Change you're title quickly before the grammar nazis tear you apart

Mom Confessions