Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
D.O.E.
it's -45 and your kid is walking to school?! REALLY?! ***update for today**
by D.O.E.
January 30, 2013 at 10:05 AM

This orning the temp is -30 -35  and with the windchill it is -45. 

so of course, i run out and start my car as soon as we get up, let it warm up while ds6 gets dressed and me and ds2 get dressed. 

eat breakfast and get in the car to drive ds the 3 blocks to school. 

and what do i see? his littl buddy wyatt, who is also 6, WALKING and he lives a block farther down the road!!!!!

well of course i went and picked him up and gave him a ride, you cant just let your little kids walk with a -45 windchill!!!!

his moms minivan was just sitting in the driveway......i saw a few more kids walking to school after i dropped ds and his lil buddy off. 

wth?! if my suv didnt start this morning, ds would have been staying home, plain and simple.

gah!!

itand once again today i look out the window and its sitting right at -35. yay. go outside to start my car, which by the way? we plug them in at night. well poor bessy barely managed to start shiver me timber my boobs were two blocks of painful ice just in the half a min it took to start the car!!!!

well of course i let that puppy run a good 15 min. yes i did. **sricks tongue out** 

we were running late, and just as i drop ds off at school, i get a text from his teacher checking to make sure he wasnt walking because he hadnt reached school yet and it was so cold she was worried :-)  it was only 8:45, bell had rung only 5 min ago.  a mom HAS to appreciate that her kids teacher cares enough to check on these things with you asap and in person, kwim?

anyways, no kids were walking today either. -47 with the windchill ( a neighbor just posted on facebook) 

and that btw, is CELCIUS

Replies

• D.O.E.
    by D.O.E.
    January 30, 2013 at 10:07 AM

btw, spring can be sprung ANYTIME NOW. 

i am so sick of this winter!!!!

• D.O.E.
    by D.O.E.
    January 30, 2013 at 10:08 AM

BUMP!

• Jessica_Esqueda
    January 30, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Where the eff do you live? Holy hell!

• CeeGee81
    January 30, 2013 at 10:10 AM

-45?  Thats it?  You're Canadian, all Canadians can handle that much coldness lol  I kid, obviously. 

Here on the eastcoast they'll cancel school if it gets THAT cold.  Poor kid :(

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 30, 2013 at 10:10 AM
    You really shouldn't be picking up other people's kids and driving them, especially without carseats.
  • D.O.E.
    by D.O.E.
    January 30, 2013 at 10:11 AM

i was suprised to see the buses running!!!!! my mom drives the bus in her dividion, when it is this cold it usually doesnt start! but we dont close school for...well......anything really.

Quoting CeeGee81:

-45?  Thats it?  You're Canadian, all Canadians can handle that much coldness lol  I kid, obviously. 

Here on the eastcoast they'll cancel school if it gets THAT cold.  Poor kid :(

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 30, 2013 at 10:12 AM
    Totally agree!!! We have parents with children in their cars waiting or the bus because its too cold to be outside. I couldn't imagine just letting met child walk!
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    You're an ass.

Quoting Anonymous:

You really shouldn't be picking up other people's kids and driving them, especially without carseats.
  • D.O.E.
    by D.O.E.

bite me. its -45! i wasnt letting him walk! thats about a 8-10 min walk, do you know how fast exposed skin gets frostbite in these temps?

Quoting Anonymous:

• meangreen18

i would have picked him up too! :) it's not that cold here but i still see kids wearing shorts at my son's school.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts