Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I'm OK emotionally but physically
by Anonymous
January 29, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Have you ever felt emotionally ok after an argument with your Partner but still felt physically angry? Like you want to punch a wall but for no reason? It is hard to explain. I do have mild high blood pressure and I think after an argument I may be over it emotionally but I am still feeling it physically.

Could this be blood pressure related?

Replies

• MixedCooke
    January 30, 2013 at 1:29 AM

no it is anger-related because during an argument, your adrenaline increases in response to your fight or flight response to either get you ready to rumble or ready to run from a situation.  It is good to burn off that energy relating to it.  I would clean like crazy when pissed off but then I got a punching bag!

• LucyHourglass
    January 30, 2013 at 1:30 AM

punch a pillow or your mattress, stab a stack of paper with a pen.. idk thats what i do. go for a run... drink some wine...

• LucyHourglass
    January 30, 2013 at 1:31 AM

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 30, 2013 at 1:33 AM

its the fight or flight.... it takes a while for the body to catch up to the brain. work it out, physically! it'll help the response and also the BP

• shudderette
    January 30, 2013 at 1:33 AM

No, I'm only pissed while we're still arguing. I clean like a mad woman. but then when he apologizes (hehe, cause it's ALWAYS his fault, right?) We make up and I'm good. 

so, yeah, guess I'm no help to you at all. sorry :(

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts