Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
2 year olds don't belong in booster!!!!!!!
by Anonymous
January 29, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Plain and simple 2 year olds belong in 5 point harnesses. There is no reason to have one in booster seat.

Replies

• Punkslilncs
    January 29, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Depending on the height and weight.. my 18 month old is too tall to be rear facing her legs get scrunched and in an accident would do more damage than good, basically her legs would snap. Infants weighing less than 20 pounds should ride in a rear facing restraint system strapping into the back seat. 

That is my state law, so you are telling me my child who is 41 inches and 39 lbs should be rear facing? In an accident that would kill her. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 29, 2013 at 10:34 PM

I think people should focus more on teaching people to drive than freaking out because a child is 17 and not in a car seat

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 29, 2013 at 10:36 PM

That is insane! my dd is almost 4 and still in a 5 point harness. 

• Simple-Beauty
    Overboard? Car accidents are the #1 killer of kids. When you know better, you do better. If my kids die in a car accident, at the very least I'll have peace of mind knowing that an ignorant decision on my part didn't contribute to their early deaths.

Quoting 428:

I wouldn't even know where to find a full car seat to fit a kid 5+ specially a big kid tbh.  I think some moms can be a little overboard with the carseats.

Quoting copperked:

In Oregon, age is also a factor because it better determines bone density (breakability) than height and weight. A child who is inches taller than peers of the same age still has the close to the same bone density and therefore is stil susceptible to the same injuries.

Quoting 428:

I had my 5 yr old in a booster.  Its not the age, its the height/weight.

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

I wouldnt put a 5 yr old in a booster let alone a 2 year old. A 2 year old should still be rear facing.

• helema24

my almost 5 year old and his 3 year old brothe r(4 in may) are in high backed boosters... so ho wsomeone would put a 2 year old in a backless booster is beyond me!! my daughter wa salmost 6 before we took th eback off her booster AND all my kids are big for their age!!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    You should have been responsible and bought a car seat with higher weight/height limits for him. You're very lucky you weren't in an accident with him ff at that young. Google internal decapitation and then come back and say you "had to" turn him. Smdh.

Quoting meangreen18:

i put my DS in a front facing carseat when he was 9 months. bash me whatever. i had to he's a big kid.

• gcstar42

I know a few people like that and I see even worse happen all the time when I go pick my son up from school. There are tiny little kids standing up in the seats and looking out the back window and stuff like that as their parents drive off onto a busy street. Most people here have no clue about carseat safety whatsoever. I often get teased because my 3 1/2 yr old is still rear facing, my 5 yr old is still harnessed, and my 6 1/2 yr old is in a highback booster and is not allowed at all to ride without one. But on the flip side I have had a few family members really pay attention to what I say about carseats, and at least 2 of my cousins have for sure decided to do extended rear facing and a few others are at least following the bare minimums now (like not forward facing until 1 yr and 20lbs, not boostering until 4 yrs and 40 lbs) when they previously did not do that.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 29, 2013 at 10:37 PM

exactly how my DS is! he's always been big, i kept him rear facing as long as i could. he's 5 now, size of an 8 year old, in a booster. what the hell do those even do. silly.

Quoting Anonymous:

I thnk it goes more by weight and height then age. Some 2 year olds are as big as the average 5 year old. This is something you have to go by size not by age. I used to stand in the front seat beside my mom as she was driving lol -----that was a VERY long time ago lol......like late 60's :)

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 29, 2013 at 10:37 PM

LOL...when I first read the title the first thought that came to mind was a booster seat for the table....I'm thinking why not...most 2 year old I know are too big for a regular highchair....but now that I know we are talking car seats....you are right a two year old shouldn't be in a booster seat....unless they are just one huge flippin two yr old....correct me if I'm wrong....but I thought they were supposed to stay in a 5 point until 80lbs and 3' 10"  or something like that???  

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 29, 2013 at 10:38 PM
    There are tons. My 7 year old was harnessed till last week. And protecting kids from the number one killer of kids from ages 1-14 isn't going overboard. Its doing our job as parents

Quoting 428:

I wouldn't even know where to find a full car seat to fit a kid 5+ specially a big kid tbh.  I think some moms can be a little overboard with the carseats.

Quoting copperked:

In Oregon, age is also a factor because it better determines bone density (breakability) than height and weight. A child who is inches taller than peers of the same age still has the close to the same bone density and therefore is stil susceptible to the same injuries.

Quoting 428:

I had my 5 yr old in a booster.  Its not the age, its the height/weight.

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

I wouldnt put a 5 yr old in a booster let alone a 2 year old. A 2 year old should still be rear facing.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts